Hi all -

My 8330 just stopped charging - the port isnt loose, pins are intact, the charging icon comes on... But it won't charge. On two separate chargers (one was brand new)

I did a battery pull reset, plugged it in, and it charged - I pulled it out at 85%, then when I went to plug it back in it won't charge anymore... Did this again, it charged again. I can't keep doing a battery pull every time I want to charge my phone!!!

Is this a software issue? Would really like to keep my BB this time and not lose texts/pin etc... Any help MUCH appreciated! Esp before my battery runs out/Verizon closes...
    11-03-09 11:45 AM
    do a backup ASAP just in case.
    you may need to wipe and reload the OS with something like BBSAK( RIMGeeks.com • View topic - [Beta][10/25/09] BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife v1.7.0 ).
    11-03-09 12:54 PM
    Are you plugging it in to a "live" wall plug or into the USB port on your computer?

Make sure the USB is seated into the wall charger unit. It might not be making the connection there.

Did you plug other stuff into the computer's USB ports and now the USB funtions are overloaded/overdrawn?

Food for thought.
    11-03-09 12:55 PM
    Thanks so much for your replies!

I am plugging it into a live wall plug, not a USB port on my computer..

I've actually just found that it seems to be charging, but REALLY REALLY REALLY slowly (without a battery pull this time)

Should I still backup and wipe the OS? Or could this be a battery problem and I need to replace it?
    11-03-09 01:11 PM
    Thanks so much for your replies!

I am plugging it into a live wall plug, not a USB port on my computer..

I've actually just found that it seems to be charging, but REALLY REALLY REALLY slowly (without a battery pull this time)

Should I still backup and wipe the OS? Or could this be a battery problem and I need to replace it?
    How long have you had your berry? It sounds to me like you might want to try a different battery. Do you know anyone with a compatible battery that you could swap with for a day or two, to see if the problem stays on your phone, or follows the battery?

( There have also been issues with a loose battery, solved by placing a business card between the battery & the battery door, but if you did manage to get it to charge, then I doubt that's your problem. )

Love the avatar, btw
    11-03-09 01:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD