When I try to use the camera it says to please close another app before u can use it. Ive tried doing a battery pull but it still says the same thing. Has anyone had this happen to them? and what did you do to fix it?
    07-24-09 09:15 AM
    That symptom has been reported by a number of members.

There is as possibility the lens/camera module has been distrubed, perhaps by a drop. Try reseating the lens, others have reported success.
    07-24-09 09:49 AM
    the lens doesnt look like it has moved, can you install camera app again from desktop manager?
    07-24-09 10:03 AM
    I need to solve this problem as well for my 8320. I have similar symptoms. Try removing your media card, others have said that this could solve the camera problem. Though, this didn't solve mine.
    I'm going to try to open up my device today and see what's up.

I hope this helped.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-09 12:50 PM
    the lens doesnt look like it has moved, can you install camera app again from desktop manager?
    The Camera is part of the Core OS, not a separate application that can be deleted.

The odds are against a software error, but you can force it to re-install just the Camera program with a little fiddling.

The file net_rim_bb_camera.cod can be moved to a temp location. Applications Loader will detect the change and remove Camera from the build.

Restore the file to it's correct location, run Applications Loader again and it will restore the Camera from it's original source.

07-24-09 01:04 PM
    Press hard on the camera lens and it should pop back on. Worked on my curve 8330
    07-29-09 01:51 PM
    The Camera is part of the Core OS, not a separate application that can be deleted.

The odds are against a software error, but you can force it to re-install just the Camera program with a little fiddling.

The file net_rim_bb_camera.cod can be moved to a temp location. Applications Loader will detect the change and remove Camera from the build.

Restore the file to it's correct location, run Applications Loader again and it will restore the Camera from it's original source.

BRILLIANT, I TELL YA! Worked for me on my 8330! I just bought it (from a private seller) and was bummed when the guys at the store just shook their heads when they couldn't figure it out. One guy said he'd seen it, and thought that is was the result of a phone reset in which the camera software is accidentally dumped out for good. BUT-Googled it, found your post, gave it a shot, and- voila! I'm pretty proud of myself, too. Reed- Thank you very much.
    08-18-09 05:13 PM
    I wiped my Storm1 and that didn't work, I went to Verizon, they did a wipe and THAT didn't work. The Guy said this was a problem and they gave me a new phone with no problem.
    01-17-10 06:51 PM
    ok i had a similar camera problem it worked around 3am this morning when i took a picture but for some reason today when i went to take one the camera screen was all purple. i did a battery pull and nothing. so i took your advice and pulled the memory card out then put it back in and viola no more purple.... i dont see why it went that color as this is a week old phone and it has yet to be dropped. plus i have a skin on it to help protect it. anyways thanks all
    01-17-10 08:00 PM
    I have tried the battery pull & reboot. I have tried taking out the memory card. I have tried to push in the lens. Nothing works.
    Can you tell me how to do the OS Software find? I am not sure where to look or how to do it.
    PLEASE HELP!!
    11-22-10 09:33 PM
    I am having the same problem where my camera say "could not start the camera. Close other applications and try opening the camera again." I have wiped the Blackberry and I did a battery pull before that but nothing seems to work. Anybody have any other ideas? I was going to try what Reed McLay suggested but I am not sure how to do that.
    03-21-11 02:45 PM
    I tried again gently pressing on the camera lens (back cover off) then removing the battery and it worked. Thanks!
    03-21-11 03:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD