I am running Exchange 2003 and BES Express 4.1 (latest). When doing wireless sync, my calendar will sync from Outlook/Exchange to my BB, but when I try to create a new appointment on my BB, it never gets wireless sync'd to my Outlook calendar.
    I heard that this was a known issue with BES Express, and when I tried to contact RIM for any patches, I was told to pay $1500 to upgrade my BES Express to the full version.
    Are there any patches for this issue? Is it only a problem with the curves? i remember that it USED to work when I had an older model of blackberry(the last one with the wheel on the side).

please help, as this is really becoming a problem. I don't want to have to come up with some kind of weird google-apps to outlook to BB to google-apps calendar merry-go-round to get a wireless sync of my appointments!

Thanks in advance...
    Last edited by binhex; 12-27-09 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Problem Solved
    12-27-09 01:51 AM
    Solved.
    ANd since i hate those one-word "solved" posts that list my problem but NO SOLUTION, I'll give you the solution that worked for me.

The solution was that my blackberry services were all starting with an account that had been added to the Domain Admins group in AD. Apparently, the BB services require that the BB Service Account be able to "Send As" with Exchange, to update your exchange calendar with the new appointments that you enter on your blackberry. And, as Exchange automagically BLOCKS this ability for Domain Admin accounts... it left me with a non-bidirectional calendar sync.
    Blackberry Technical Solution Center article/document KB02276 has all the steps listed out on how to switch to a fully functional service account. I followed them to the letter, and PRESTO! Everything is working 100% now.

Oops, apparently, I haven't posted enough to give you the link. So just go to google, and type in
    how do i setup a blackberry enterprise service account
    and hit search. The first result will take you to the Enterprise Server Installation Guide. Just go to step 2, and you will find the complete instructions I mentioned above.
    12-27-09 01:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD