i have a blackberry curve 8320 on pay as you go with rogers. i was using the wifi to do my web browsing. wednesday i was on the wifi at home and it was working fine. thursday i went to the states and it did not work there, but my buddys ipod touch wifi was working (i had strong signal and connected properly and everything). when i came back it still didnt work, this after numerous battery pulls. i decided to upgrade to 4.5 thinking that might be the problem, still nothing. i can connect to wifi fine but it gives me an error message.
    08-05-08 09:58 PM
    Does it give you this error message while connecting or when typing an address in the browser?

08-05-08 10:08 PM
    Check out my "Complete WiFi Guide" and see if that helps you out!!

Link is in my signature!
    08-05-08 10:12 PM
    after i type in a site< it says requesting untill it gets to the end then gives an error message
    08-05-08 10:29 PM
    Hmm, I have been fortunate to not have UMA problems. I am anxious to see if a solution is found, though.
    08-06-08 12:45 AM
    Hmm, I have been fortunate to not have UMA problems. I am anxious to see if a solution is found, though.
    It isn't a uma problem, I'm not using uma, I'm rogers pay as you go. Now, wifi works on some websites and others go on edge, I don't get it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-08 09:39 AM
    I figured out the problem, my bookmarks were set to hotspot browser (wifi) and my goto browser was set to wap so I was getting charges, but since I'm pay as you go it didn't work. Problem solved, thanks everyone for the suggestions

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-08 10:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD