Hey I have a question, Im with Tmobile and I dont have any kind of internet plan and recently bought a Blackberry Curve 8320. I wanted to know, Is it possible to surf through WiFi only? Whenever I turn on and connect the wifi, I cant surf through the browser? It automatically brings me to the web2go page and cant go nowhere?
    02-01-09 11:56 AM
    You have to set your browser to hotspot browser. Go to browser then hit menu and select options/general properties and change default browser to hotspot.
    02-01-09 12:15 PM
    You have to set your browser to hotspot browser. Go to browser then hit menu and select options/general properties and change default browser to hotspot.
    yup thats it before i didnjt have a data plan thats all i would use i was able to surf the web download apps themes etc
    02-01-09 12:29 PM
    you are da man.. lol

I checked those settings and it was already set? But then I hit "Start Blackberry Connection" then it started working? Thanks! I guess? lol

Seriously, I appreciate it.
    02-01-09 12:42 PM
    I don't have a plan for internet and i don't plan on starting to pay for it anytime soon. One of the reasons i got a curve was for wifi. Love it
    02-01-09 01:23 PM
    Your welcome Zach. Welcome to CB!
    02-01-09 02:04 PM
    Yes, it took me awhile to actually figure out how to configure the settings for it. I am currently on my 8320 using WiFi Only browsing, in fact. I live in a WiFi zone n constantly have web access and do not currently have a data plan. The WiFi browsing is easy and efficient when cinfigured appropriately

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-09 06:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD