Hello all, I purchased a 8320 on the web for my wife, she does not want the email on the PDA features, the phone came form vodaphone. My question is, once ai pu the sim in the phone will work but when trying to download apps, ringtones etc it still defaults to the vodaphone browser. What can I do? The SIM i am using is out of her I-phone (we are returning that today) The second question is, will I be able to SINC with outlook with this devise? Thanks for the help
    09-25-09 09:53 AM
    to sync with out look look here for answers
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101-how-lecture-series

You may have only the one browser unless you setup an account with BIS and download service books. You could go to your host routing tables and register it and it should send you the att&t stuff.
    09-25-09 10:41 AM
    Thanks for the quick response plunkingtom! My Host (AT&T) tells me that they will not let me register the devise beause they now require all new b-berry users to have the data plan. Is there a way to do this without actually letting them know? The only think I am really interested in for my wife is a few apps and ringtones....How do I go about the host routing tables? Sorry for the questions, i have used a bberry for many years but it has always been comany supplied, therfore I was not privy to all these cool tricks. (locked) Thanks again
    09-25-09 12:10 PM
    No you can use the phone with wifi the way it is now. Most carriers require a data plan now. With wifi you should be able to download the apps/tones or you can use a pc to load them to your phone through blackberry desktop. Same app that will sync your outlook. also same link in previous post has directions for apps and tones.
    Last edited by plunkingtom; 09-25-09 at 12:24 PM.
    09-25-09 12:17 PM
    THANKS AGAIN, I will give it a try tonight!
    09-25-09 01:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD