I just got my 8320 (T-Mobile) today and have been playing around with music streaming - both Slacker and shoutcast streams (by entering the shoutcast stream's address manually into the browser, which then brings up the media player).

Several times, I noticed that if I "backed out" of the media player without stopping an active stream, the sound would stop but the download activity would keep going... This was fixed with a reset (alt, R shift, delete).

However, it then refused to stop the constant network activity, even with the reset above. This jams up the entire bandwidth on EDGE, while on Wi-Fi there is a constant pattern of short bursts of activity... as if a stream is still going somewhere... I finally had to take the battery out for a few seconds to get it back to normal.

My outgoing Wi-Fi router logs just showed IP addresses corresponding to tmodns.net and rcp.na.blackberry.com

Anyone have an idea of what is going on? Is there a tool that would let me exit apps that are hiding out somewhere in memory? Thanks!
    02-21-09 11:10 PM
    Hold Alt and press the back button.. You will see all apps that are running.
    02-21-09 11:13 PM
    Hold Alt and press the back button.. You will see all apps that are running.
    Yeah, that's the same as doing "switch application" from the menu... I am not sure this is relevant in my situation(since I can't even identify the culprit program), but is there a way to shut the programs down from that active program view?
    02-21-09 11:20 PM
    Do you have facebook on your bb
    02-21-09 11:32 PM
    Do you have facebook on your bb
    Yes, Facebook came pre-installed. But I've never launched it. Do you think it's the cuprit? (It doesn't show up in the active programs list).

Speaking of which, is there a way to delete / uninstall unused apps?
    02-21-09 11:36 PM
    Facebook has been known to cause memory leak, data issues, and battery issues. You can do a search on here for facebook problems and you will see..
    02-21-09 11:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD