I recently noticed that when I press the trackball there is very little resitance and no physical click sound. I didn't notice it much until a friend of mine pointed it out. I was thinking I might be the trackball assembly, but also wondering if the contact button on the board is actually to blame. If so, is it possible to repair that but since I'm out of warranty and plus I have sediment value with this one plus got it unlocked. Also not in the mood to buy another T-mobile phone since they don't seem to get that Blackberry users want 3G now.

Thanks!
    07-18-09 05:59 PM
    If you are in Los Angeles give Wireless Waves a try for your trackball problem. They are amazingly fast and cheap when it comes to fixing phones especially Blackberry and iphone models. 323-655-5005 or blackberryrepairla.com Good luck.
    07-20-09 03:39 PM
    It is the little copper colored contact pad underneath where the trackball sits that's stuck on the motherboard. You would need to replace it. I'm not at home right now but once I'm home I will post a link where you can find it. I gotta warn you its not cheap for that one little part

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-09 06:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD