My phone suddenly stopped working. I can't hear anything except for static and an my own echo when I speak into the phone. I can dial a number, and the call goes through, but I don't hear a ring. The phone rings for incoming calls; the caller can hear me but I can't hear anything. E-mail works fine, texting works fine. I haven't dropped the phone. I removed the battery and re-booted the phone with no luck.

I'd appreciate any help/suggestions.
    06-11-08 11:27 AM
    Try to make a call on your speaker phone. If that work sounds like a return to me. Maybe a return anyway how old is the phone?
    06-11-08 11:30 AM
    Thanks for the quick reply. I tried making a call using the speakerphone, and I still can't hear anything.

The phone is just over four months old.
    06-11-08 11:34 AM
    Hate to say it, maybe you have to wipe the phone. Backup the data via DM. If that doesn't work, I hope you have insurance on the phone.
    06-11-08 11:41 AM
    No insurance, but I'm hoping the one-year warranty will cover if I can't fix this.
    06-11-08 11:50 AM
    Yeah if its defective the one year warranty should. Take it to a T-Mobile store or call and have them check it out. They may order you one or give you another right on the spot. Just let them know in a kind way that has caused you great distress and you have friends on other carriers with the same phone and no problems.... they will fold! LOL.
    06-11-08 12:20 PM
    Thanks for the advice! I took it to my T-Mobile store, and it turns out I just had an issue with my SIM card. Whew!!!

Thanks again!
    06-11-08 06:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD