Hey guys I've had my Curve for about 6 months now and had to get a new one since the other randomly rebooted in the middle of conversations. I have a new problem with this one. When I'm at home on the wifi network and on a phone call I'll get random pauses in conversations where I can't hear the other person, but they can hear me. It's usually about a 5 sec. pause. My router is the same as before.. D-link dir655. I can't seem to figure this one out..any ideas?
    09-08-08 08:00 PM
    Still doing it today! It looks like all the settings on the router are okay..I hope I didn't get another bum phone.
    09-09-08 12:55 PM
    it could be a few different issues. Could be the phone, it could be that your through put on the wifi is not fast enough (to many wifi devices) could be that the router just needs to be reset (unplug wait 45 seconds plug back in) could be the router and modem needs to be reset (unplug modem and router plug modem in after 5 mins wait for all lights to go green, plug router in) and could be an issue with your ISP.
    09-09-08 01:08 PM
    it could be a few different issues. Could be the phone, it could be that your through put on the wifi is not fast enough (to many wifi devices) could be that the router just needs to be reset (unplug wait 45 seconds plug back in) could be the router and modem needs to be reset (unplug modem and router plug modem in after 5 mins wait for all lights to go green, plug router in) and could be an issue with your ISP.
    This could all be true. One think that strikes me as odd though is the fact that the OP did not have this issue with the previous device.
    09-09-08 01:15 PM
    No it didn't, but I wonder if this one having a different mac address screwed up the qos engine...I'll reset everything tonight and see what happens. Thanks for the input guys.
    09-09-08 07:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD