I'm not sure if this is really a problem or not, and I apologize if this has been asked/answered already on the forum. I did some searching and didn't see anything completely relevant, so I'm taking a shot at posting.

In any case, since I am a relatively new BB user, I waited for T-Mobile's official release of OS 4.5. I read the instructions on the website, and proceeded with the download/upgrade.

It appears, at first blush, to be working fine. My ONLY major complaint/problem is that it is running ungodly slow, and keeps freezing. The CNTRl-ALT-DELETE works to "reboot" rather than a batter pull, but it's still annoying having to do that and wait for a reboot. I've noticed that it's really slow when browsing, and that's also when it tends to lock up.

I didn't d/l any new applications or anything other than what was previously installed, and working fine on OS 4.2.

Any comments/suggestions/tips would be greatly appreciated. Because of how long it takes to do the upgrade, I'd rather not do it, but if you think that is the only thing that will fix my problem (and not cause other problems), then I guess I'll suck it up and do it.
    10-28-08 11:39 PM
    What is your file free under options/status ? If it is below 12xxxxxx your phone will run slow

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-08 11:48 PM
    Thanks for responding so quickly. I went to options/status, and under File Free, it says 6838216 Bytes.
    10-28-08 11:52 PM
    thats very very low and it is why you are running so slow......I know that you have re-booted using the key pad combo, but for sake of looking at your problem go ahead and do a battery pull and then check file free figure......the battery pull can do a bit more for you to get you going here after the update than just the key board re-boot.

Also I noticed that you don't have other software loaded, but did you check a bunch of not-needed stuff when you did the upgrade like other language support and stuff like that or did you just stick with what you really need??

Let us know what happens with battery pull and file free.
    10-29-08 12:02 AM
    This is a good starter on low memory for you to look at also

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    10-29-08 12:05 AM
    Thanks so much. I did do the battery pull earlier (a few times), but then I got sick of doing that, and that's when I started just using the keypad combo. I also had used that free file memory thread when I initially had OS 4.2. But, perhaps, somehow with the upgrade, it readded back in all the stuff that I had initially deleted. I didn't really add or delete anything when I did the upgrade (except for I unchecked the box for Spanish language that was defaulted). Tomorrow, I will do the free file memory stuff again, followed by a battery pull, and will let you know what I find. Thanks again!
    10-29-08 12:08 AM
    I recently upgraded from 4.2 to 4.5 with the official T-Mobile OS and have not re-loaded any third party software as yet - - I did leave off the "Help" file when I upgraded and a couple IM services that I don't need and I am showing 23,371,796 for File Free..........you want at least something around the 16 megs and more for good operation - more the better
    10-29-08 12:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD