Ive got this 8320 for a while now. Thing is, it got slow, so I Wiped and deleted everything from it.

I only have 3 apps installed, BB Messenger 5.0, BB App World, and Opera Mini 5.0.

I deleted everything else, custom themes, windows live messenger, yahoo, brick breaker, any other languages that weren't English, even the memopad.

Ive got V4.5.

The issue is, I only have 6-8Mb free in device memory, and it sometimes gets slow because of it.

I wiped it a second time, and still the same problem.

Any suggestions?

P.S. I deleted all the logs and warnings too, all the browsers history and cache, even the sms and call logs. Battery pulled it, still get 6-8Mb of free space
    05-13-10 02:18 PM
    Delete App World. There are very few apps that you can't get somewhere else, and you don't have room for any more apps anyway.

Also consider deleting Opera Mini and using only the native browser.
    05-13-10 05:14 PM
    How many messages to you have stored on the device?

Also, go to Options > Status then press Menu and select Database Sizes to see what else is taking up space.
    05-13-10 05:19 PM
    Yeah, I think Ill delete the opera and app world. But its odd, I should have 64MB, considering half goes to the OS, where does all of the space goes? I tried using Crack Mem, but my OS is 4.5.0.81, and it seems the crack mem dosent support it :S.

I dont have any stored msjs, and when I see the database sizes, only the autotext and address book together take up around 150k.

Deleted opera and app world, got now aorund 13MB free. my only App is the BB Messenger

But my point is, where does all the space go?
    Last edited by blechnocturne; 05-14-10 at 03:54 PM.
    05-14-10 03:42 PM
    Are you sure you have all your media (pics, ringtones, etc) saved to your micro SD card and not internal memory?
    05-14-10 04:37 PM
    Yup, since I bought the phone, I inserted a 8GB micro SD card, and all of the few pics I had are stored since then on the media card. double checked just in case.
    The only things is that the pre-loaded ringtones that come with the phone are in the device memory, and cant delete em.
    05-14-10 06:02 PM
    I have the same problem. Except mine stays even lower than that. I have quickpull which notifies me when my memory drops under a certain amount. Mine is always 6 or less even after a pull. So I had to lower my notification size to under 4mb. Which is already ridiculously low. I still get notifications every few minutes that it's under 3 and even 2mb. Right after a pull. It's annoying.
    05-14-10 07:43 PM
    Yeah man, I had the same issue, low memory. It seems the only way around it is pluggin the cel with the desktop manager, deleting all the languages (just use one, delete the rest). taking away useless apps, like the tasks, ect. I only left the following on my phone:

Core Applications, System Software, Blackberry Messenger, Browser, and Phone.

Blow off the rest of your phone, and then wipe it. Trust me, the phone feels better.
    But I still cant manage too understand how those things alone leave me baring with 13MB, in a virtually empty phone.
    05-14-10 07:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD