this phone i have keeps restarting at the home screen, just the hourglass spins for about two seconds then restart.

doesnt even get to the "blackberry" screen

no media card nothing in it, did a battery pull already too
    09-02-09 01:18 PM
    Take the battery out, wait 5 minutes, then connect it to the usb port on your computer. Does the rebooting cycle continue, or do you only get a red LED?
    09-02-09 01:28 PM
    brief red LED then the cycle continues... rebooting
    09-02-09 01:53 PM
    Try connecting to JL Commander:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...l_cmder-53502/

And see if you can wipe the BB. The rebooting might not let you do it though. See if taking out the battery before connecting the BB gives you enough time to wipe it.

Does the BB have a sim card in it? If it does, try taking out the sim card.
    09-02-09 02:04 PM
    Try this, it specifically addresses the continuous reboot cycle issue:

BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com
    09-02-09 02:07 PM
    ok, followed the "how to" to the letter. it said it was erasing and then said it was loading... but when it got to the secong point of "wait for device initialization" ...it all started over with the cycling once again.

Any more suggestions?
    09-02-09 05:00 PM
    use the jl commander then reinstall os.
    09-02-09 05:04 PM
    the phone doesnt stay on long enough to use the JL program
    09-02-09 05:13 PM
    When you got it to recognize your device and load the OS, don't choose to backup and restore settings or you could be putting back whatever is messing up your BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-09 05:18 PM
    i dont see the backup/restore device memory as an option on any of the screens, i am presently trying again

thanks so far
    09-02-09 05:33 PM
    yeah, its definitely not there, and its still doing the restart bit
    09-02-09 05:37 PM
    i dont see the backup/restore device memory as an option on any of the screens, i am presently trying again

thanks so far
    What OS are you trying to install onto the blackberry now? Which OS was previously on it? Did you uninstall the previous OS off of your PC?

If you are just trying to install your previous OS that could be the issue which is making it reboot it self over and over again.

So let me know exactly what step your stuck on so I can help you out. Thanks
    Last edited by rlacsamana19; 09-02-09 at 05:44 PM.
    09-02-09 05:42 PM
    dont know what the previous OS was, the phone came to me like this.

its an 8320 and i just downloaded and installed the latest OS from the forums here.

after i have chosen the system software options such as language etc, the basics..
    it goes to the next screen which has four bulleted items... the first being "Load JVM and system software" during this the phone is blank, no red led no nothing, then it goes to the second bullet "wait for device initialization". This is where the cycle of rebooting starts a fresh.
    09-02-09 05:48 PM
    First I'd try installing a different OS onto the BB. And making sure you uninstall the one off the computer before proceeding.

I have not done this re-install to a BB in a while so I can't remember the steps all the way but it might be easier to install just the OS and no applications because it is easier to install the apps after.
    09-02-09 05:52 PM
    tried many permutations and combinations, gonna try an older version of the software

where is the archive?
    09-02-09 07:59 PM
    You can get older software from either the carrier's website or direct from blackberry.com.

Just Google something like Verizon Blackberry software, etc. And look for the carrier website or blackberry websites in the search results.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-09 08:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD