A week ago I gave my daughter an unlocked T Mobile 8320, the data port on her AT&T 8310 was broken. Today it took and upgrade and it clashed with the Theme the 8320 had. It cause a 523 error which i fixed by removing the app. Now she can't view her new text messages. the counter tells her she has texts but she can't view them. The message says "No message services configured You will only be able to Save draft. Could someone please direct me or tell me how to correct the problem. Thanks in advance.
    12-23-09 12:25 AM
    Have you done a search for this? What about this link?:
    No message services configured. Only able to save draft - PinStack.com

If there is nothing of importance on the BB right now why don't you just reload the OS? This may be save you some troubleshooting time (check out the "101" links on how to wipe/reload an OS):
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f151/bl.../#post3130582/

Hope this is of some help. Keep in mind that there is a BB service outage right now so you may want to wait for that to get cleared up before you start your reloading of the OS.
    Last edited by NoDuff; 12-23-09 at 01:01 AM.
    12-23-09 12:59 AM
    Thank you NoDuff, I did do a search, which is how i was able to correct the 523 error. For whatever I didn't find that post. I was going to to reload the OS, but My daughter spent several hours loading her contact list, since the info couldn't be transfered because of the bad data port. My daughter's BB doesn't have BB service. They just use the curve for SMS & MMS. I'll give option 3 a try if that doesn't do the trick then it time to reload.
    12-23-09 02:25 AM
    If you are saying her 8320 needs the contacts backed up just use the Desktop Manager to back it up. If all she needs is the contacts backed up go to:
    Desktop Manager>Backup and Restore>Advanced

Then it is just a mater of moving the items you want to keep over to the left hand column (such as the address book) and saving the backup file (click the "file" button above the left column)

To restore the contacts just use the reverse order once the BB's OS os reinstalled.

Good luck!
    12-23-09 11:28 AM
    If you are saying her 8320 needs the contacts backed up just use the Desktop Manager to back it up. If all she needs is the contacts backed up go to:
    Desktop Manager>Backup and Restore>Advanced
    Thank for the heads up BB is very foreign to me I still use an unlocked T Mobile DASH that play with using cooked roms. I knew there had to be an easier way.

If I can ask you a question, is it better to use older versions of Desktop Manager ( I currently have the latest. ) and do you get Crackberry to find the OS? the selection box is always empty ?
    Thanks in advance.
    12-23-09 05:35 PM
    If I can ask you a question, is it better to use older versions of Desktop Manager ( I currently have the latest. ) and do you get Crackberry to find the OS? the selection box is always empty ?
    Thanks in advance.
    I have never had an issue using the most resent version of Desktop Manager, however I know that some people have issues and that is why older versions are used. I am not a BB genius by any means so I would look at what other people say and go with an option you are comfortable with.

As to the OS question I'm not sure what you are asking. Do you want to know where to download the OS, or what to do if apploader says you don't need an update? All officially released versions can be found on the blackberry.com site by going to: "Support & Serivces" > "Blackberry Device and Desktop Software" > "Access your service provider download site"

If you have downloaded the appropriate OS and installed it you can confirm it's installed by going into Desktop Manager and selecting "Help">"About Blackberry Desktop Manager". When the help window pops up click on the "Device Software" tab and make sure your OS software is there. If it is and apploader is still telling you that you are all upto date you may need to "wipe" the old OS on the Blackberry.

If you plan to do this be sure you are OK with the fact you will be killing your BB by pretty much removing EVERYTHING from your BB including the OS. There are a few applications out there that can wipe the OS from a BB but easyist ones to use are BB SAK (Blackberry Swiss Army Knife), CrackUtil, and JL_Cmder.

After you wipe the BB use the loading procidure I've talked about in the last post. This should get you up and running unless there is a much larger issue with the device.

If you are still having issues let me know...well let me know if it works as well!
    12-25-09 12:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD