Happy Holidays To All,

I have a question about my t mobile 8320 curve. I have looked every were on this phone and can only find maps. I know the 8800 series has a built in Gps along side a program called telenav. I am wondering if it is possible to buy a puck for this phone. Something i can carry in my pocket when walking around that can also use the program telenav. I am looking for the top of the line model and something that is also portable does anyone know a great place were i may get one. I hear a lot of things about telenav and am wondering once i get the puck can they both work side by side for the 8320. Is telenav about the best program out there or are there others just as good and what are some other brands. any help on this subject would be most helpful thank you again.

John
    12-25-07 11:09 AM
    Just recently got a GPS unit that goes on your keychain...Google maps doesn't have a fee....
    12-25-07 10:14 PM
    TeleNav is a navigation program with a monthly fee. Also available is a program called MapQuest navigator.

Google Maps, Blackberry Maps and other mapping programs are NOT navigation software. While they can be useful, they do not provide important capabilities such as next-turn instruction, up-to-date ETA/mileage, voice commands or re-routing. They're also much more difficult to use in your car than a navigation program.

There aren't any programs available for BlackBerry that load the map data into memory or a memory card. All mapping and navigation software downloads mapping/route data from your internet connection.

Here is a discussion thread TeleNav vs Mapquest Navigator: http :// www . blackberryforums.com/gps-mapping/63304-telenav-vs-mapquest-navi.html (remove all of those spaces, sorry)
    12-26-07 02:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD