I talked to a Tmobile rep and he suggest I wipe it, since I haven't stored anything on it anyway because of memory issues, this wasn't a big deal at all. I wiped it and my file free is now at 25301880.

My app list is pretty standard

BB Core
    BB System Software
    BB Attachment Service
    BB Messenger
    Browser
    Email Setup App
    Facebook
    Phone
    Tasks
    Yahoo! Messenger

The guy said if I was still having the freezing issue, they'd send me a new phone. I'm wondering if this is the normal expected file free or if it's unusually low. Seems like I've seen it MUCH higher in other posts even with multiple apps.
    12-05-09 12:22 PM
    Every now and then you need to do a battery pull with device on or hit alt, r. shift, delete to reset bb. This will free up memory.
    Besure you are closing apps with the menu,then close/exit instead of just backing out of them.
    And the memory is probably about right. If you save or keep your messages forever that will use up memory and make the device slow.
    Last edited by plunkingtom; 12-05-09 at 12:43 PM.
    12-05-09 12:27 PM
    That's comparable to the File Free I used to get with my 8830. You can't compare to an 8330; it has 50% more memory to start with. 25MB is a good amount for an 8320.
    12-05-09 12:28 PM
    So even if they send me a brand new blackberry, this is what to expect?

I currently have nothing on my blackberry. No email, no texts, nothing. I haven't browsed the web, and I even cleared the event log.
    12-05-09 12:31 PM
    So even if they send me a brand new blackberry, this is what to expect?

I currently have nothing on my blackberry. No email, no texts, nothing. I haven't browsed the web, and I even cleared the event log.
    Yes, you should expect a new out of the box 8320 to have somewhere between 25 and 30 MB file free, after you remove the fluff that comes preloaded. It's a 64 MB device. The 8330 is a 96 MB device.

The CrackBerry Memory Optimization Procedure that's linked in my sig will help you maximize File Free.
    12-05-09 12:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD