Is this possible, my Ethernet port on my computer broke.
    04-14-10 08:58 PM
    Yes, the process of getting internet access using your phone is called tethering. There are at least two ways to do that. You can use the function in Desktop Manager, or you can buy Tether. Tether is a $50 one-time purchase. If your carrier offers tethering for free, you may be able to use the Desktop Manager tethering for no charge. If you use Tether excessively, you may be liable for excess data charges from your carrier.
    04-14-10 09:04 PM
    Where is this? I dont see it.
    04-14-10 09:24 PM
    Where is this? I dont see it.
    I posted a link to Tether in my response. The tethering option in DM is in version 5.0.1. If you are using an older version you may need to upgrade.
    04-14-10 10:12 PM
    Well I dont want to use tether, just want to use it as an ethernet port to connect to my home internet.
    04-14-10 11:41 PM
    to connect to a router ? if not ? whats wrong with a usb connection? im pretty sure you can't connect your bb to an ethernet port.... tether.com has a free 7 day trial. and trust me chances are your carrier will not penalize you.. i've had it for 9 months and not a problem yet, and i use it all the time... if your worried about a penalty search the forums for someone thats gotten a penalty from using "tether"..... you won't be able to find one...because no one has... try tether for 7 days..... it's free...
    04-15-10 12:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD