Hi
    My 8320 has started deleting the call log when I delete email messages. This is something that just started.

I have call log set to log all calls, and they stay logged fine except when I delete all email messages. Worked fine for about three weeks, i could delete all email messages and call log was still intact.

I have read about the memory leak, and have deleted all photos and videos, and I do not have a sd card in the phone.

Thanks for any thoughts, please let me know if i need to post more info.
    10-09-08 04:10 PM
    You are low on memory. Follow this http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/ our bb will dump messages and call logs when your file free drops below 12xxxxxx bytes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-08 04:15 PM
    You are low on memory. Follow this http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/ our bb will dump messages and call logs when your file free drops below 12xxxxxx bytes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-08 04:16 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

If you are sure it is not a settings issue, lets rule out the memory problem.

What counts is File Free Memory. If you do not have a media card installed, there is still a big chuck reserved in your device.

Options / Status is where you monitor this. I like to see 20+ Mb. If it is less then 10 Mb, there may be the problem.
    10-09-08 04:17 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

If you are sure it is not a settings issue, lets rule out the memory problem.

What counts is File Free Memory. If you do not have a media card installed, there is still a big chuck reserved in your device.

Options / Status is where you monitor this. I like to see 20+ Mb. If it is less then 10 Mb, there may be the problem.
    10-09-08 04:18 PM
    Thanks for the replies.
    I checked options/status and have
    19974544 bytes free
    56098816 bytes total

as for settings, I am not sure... I noticed the calls are now being logged in both the messages folder and the call log folder... so, when i delete all messages, it also deletes the calls from the messages and call log.

I cant find anywhere where i set or change this (or how it got that way in the first place... possessed maybe??)

edit: just for clarification, the bb is not dumping automatically, i am deleting all msgs in the msg folder
    I guess the question is better stated as: why are phone calls showing up in my message log where only emails should be showing up????????
    Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by bigtex999; 10-09-08 at 04:56 PM.
    10-09-08 04:34 PM
    19 Mb, more then enough to rule that out.

Settings, somewhere, deep in the heart of the code, there is a setting that was changed.

Searching Call log options first ...

Try this, In Call log, press Alt + . That retrieved my old log.

That came courtesy of the new Help. Those guys are good.
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 10-09-08 at 05:31 PM.
    10-09-08 05:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD