Guys I am new to this forum,
    Bought an 8320 from T-mobile US shop (Unlocked)
    They said everythings gonna work the same in the UK as u are a T-mobile customer there.
    I said fine and flew back the next day..
    I dont get EDGE with UK t-mobile simcards...... its gprs here
    Also the Unlicensed Mobile Access (UMA) doesnt work here at all.
    It worked with my T-mobile US sim.
    Called the T-mobile UK guys they said you have to get the bliming web and walk service. Also the T-mobile Blackberry support said we havent heard abt UMA here in UK...
    The Wifi is grayed out even if the status is connected. In the Manage account tab it shows me a yellow sign instead of a green connected sign
    Dudes if the UMA is Wifi should it not be connecting directly to my wifi router like any other wifi device?
    I feel...like ... what a bloody waste of money...
    Any suggestions?

any crack on this?

ta.
    01-19-08 05:40 PM
    You will need to contact T-Mobile, it seems as though your WiFi service books are missing from your device...I'm sure theirs more to it that will need to be addressed but ensuring you have the service books is a start.
    01-19-08 08:15 PM
    Wow, that sucks. Makes me worry about taking my curve overseas when I go on vacation. I hope the wifi works so I can call for free!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-08 09:15 PM
    I have an 8820 in UK on Orange..... wifi & edge works fine for me. I am in the process of changing from my 8820 to 8320 the only reason being that I miss a camera so much... I just hope I can continue to get wifi & edge ok...
    01-20-08 03:47 AM
    I am going to speak with the Tmobile Guys and ask them to give me the service book.... This is crazy initially I thought it is the sim card problem. Because the moment I put US t mobile sim even here in UK it gives me Wifi and Edge... but the UK sim just doesnt want to work..
    01-23-08 05:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD