I'm running on ...
    v4.5.162 platform 2.7.0.103

I'm not in any BBM groups. I deleted apps - pandora, quickpull. Just in case (those were the most recent apps I downloaded).
    Usually when I charge my phone, I get the hour glass. It'll come and go every so often now. When my phone goes on standby, I'll press spacebar (if I get a text to see who sent me a message) my phone will freeze with the hour glass for a while. I have to do a battery pull every time.

Games on my phone
    Scrabble
    Texas Hold'em
    Family Feud

Apps - BerryBuzz, App World, Crackberry App, Google, Opera, Facebook, CaptureIt, ESPN, TFLN, CNN, BB Cool Mobile

Any suggestions/help would be great.
    10-28-09 10:28 PM
    What is your file free memory?

If your memry is good, try taking your memory card out and see if the lagging goes away. A corrupted file/filesystem can cause what you are experiencing. Move your files off your card, format the card (Options, Media Card, Menu, Format Card), then move your files back to your card.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-09 10:48 PM
    Yep, X, I had a corrupted pic I downloaded on my Curve today, I'd loaded it Saturday to play, and I noticed the following day that it started doing weird stuff like shutting off my ringtones, my Nav feed, timer popping up again and again, then my media player crashed.

Since I'm not near a computer, I keep any recently load pics out of their folders for a while before filing. I deleted one, the the other of those pics, rebooted, problem was gone.

10-28-09 11:00 PM
    I will do that X.
    I also got this, this morning with Berry Buzz - uncaught exception application berrybuzz (130) is not responding, process terminated.

Memory was 163160 Bytes. I deleted my messages and now it's 883544 Bytes
    Last edited by captnsaveaho; 10-29-09 at 08:30 AM.
    10-29-09 08:26 AM
    I will do that X.
    I also got this, this morning with Berry Buzz - uncaught exception application berrybuzz (130) is not responding, process terminated.

Memory 163160 Bytes
    That is the problem right there!!
    You need to free up some memory...heres a link:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    10-29-09 08:29 AM
    Wow thanks a lot. I have 1723920 Bytes memory now. I deleted a bunch of stuff I don't really use. Thank YOU.

Edit. After rebooting 2883792 Bytes.

Thanks again!
    Last edited by captnsaveaho; 10-29-09 at 09:09 AM.
    10-29-09 08:45 AM
    Wow thanks a lot. I have 1723920 Bytes memory now. I deleted a bunch of stuff I don't really use. Thank YOU.
    No problem, you should still try and free up a little more memory.
    That is still not a good file free to have. Normally it needs to be at least 12XXXXXX bytes for the phone to work properly.

Do you have a media card?
    10-29-09 08:50 AM
    Yes, on the media card I have 1.8GB free. I'm not familiar with moving stuff to it.

After deleting more stuff and rebooting, memory is 2883792 Bytes.

Thanks again!
    10-29-09 09:10 AM
    Yes, on the media card I have 1.8GB free. I'm not familiar with moving stuff to it.

After deleting more stuff and rebooting, memory is 2883792 Bytes.

Thanks again!
    Now your file free sounds great!
    As for saving things onto your media card...go into your camera hit the menu(bb) button and go to options> save to: media card not device memory.

You're welcome! &welcome to CB!
    10-29-09 09:13 AM
    File free still loks low at 2.7 Mb's. Also,you can run well with file fee under 12 Mb's if you set Media > Options, device memory limt to 5 Mb's. I have mine set that way and never have any operating problems.

10-29-09 10:03 AM
    File free still loks low at 2.7 Mb's. Also,you can run well with file fee under 12 Mb's if you set Media > Options, device memory limt to 5 Mb's. I have mine set that way and never have any operating problems.

Oops you are right! I totally missed that it wasnt 27XXXXXX, thank God for you!
    10-29-09 10:07 AM
    It could have been a typo and actuakky been 27 Mb's but who knows.

10-29-09 10:26 AM
    I had manage to get it down to 3551446 bytes. I did a reboot again, and now it's 1261088 bytes.

Should I just do an entire wipe of my phone? I really don't have much going on with it at all.
    10-29-09 11:24 AM
    My memory just keeps going up and down. Is it supposed to do that?
    10-29-09 11:24 AM
    It shouldn't be going up and down in such low numbers.

Mine will go from 36XXXXXX to like 23XXXXXX...but its never been under 12XXXXXXmbs...you could try a wipe and see if it clears things up. If not there is something defective with the device.
    10-29-09 11:54 AM
    Looks like you are on the right track, but you have a long way to go.

If you have hundreds of emails and SMS/MMS messages on your BB, it's time to clean some stuff out.

Also, go to Media, Menu, Explore, then navigate through your Device Memory to your Pictures, Music, Ringtones and Videos folders. Move anything you find by highlighting the file, press Menu, Move, then navigate back to your Media Card and go to the appropriate folder on your card and press Menu, Move here. Repeat till all media is off your device memory.

10-29-09 12:07 PM
    Will do X.

Thanks for everyone being so helpful. If all else fails, I shall do a wipe.
    11-01-09 01:09 AM
    Hello everyone! Ever since I got my Blackberry, I've had low memory. Below 12MB. I keep reading that you need at least 12MB for your device to work properly. Right now I'm at 3925090 and it's working fine. I've never gotten my phone to go above 12MB to be honest. I've done everything you guys told captnsaveaho to do. I might go up to like 10MB but then it goes back down. Perhaps I need a new BB with 256MB of memory.
    11-01-09 06:00 AM
    how do you take stuff off your media card?
    11-01-09 10:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD