Dear all
    My name is Federico.
    I�m Italian but I live in Argentina.

I just bougth for my wife an AT&T unlocked | Seller refurbished | 8320 � via ebay and coming from Hong Kong (but made in HUngary I discovered!!!)
    Blackberry Curve 8320 Pink AT&T Unlocked GSM Phone - eBay (item 260688716045 end time Nov-11-10 09:05:13 PST)

She uses the phone with a �Telecom Personal Argentina� Chip, just for calls and Wi-Fi. Non BIS / data plan.

The phone was working fine BUT it didn�t connect to Notebook / Netbook. The PC recognizes that there is a BB connected but will not install it. On the BB it doesn�t appear the �mass storage option�.

I guess that is a software problem because it�s an unlocked phone:
    Mass storage option not working after unlocking 8320

I used the �mass storage activator.bat� but it didn�t work.
    By the way I thought that was not such a problem, because I managed to have wi-fi and bluetooth working.

Today it started to turn off often and freeze. The only way to have it working was to take off the battery.

What do you suggest me? I already send a positive feedback but the item have a one year warranty� of course I would really prefer to solve it�

I was thinking to update the OS but how can I do it if I cannot use the BB desktop manager?

Thank you vary much for you patience.
    12-03-10 12:55 PM
    To just double check, you have BB Desktop Manager installed?

What OS are you running?

does DM show a PIN?

have you tried using BBSAK (BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife) to see if it recognized the BB? and from there you can use BBSAK to update to OS (if you download it independently.
    12-03-10 12:57 PM
    Fubaz!!! Thank you VARY much for your fast reply...
    Here you find my answers:

1) Yes, I have BB desktop manager installed

2) No, the DM doesn’t show the PIN... My feeling is that he recognizes that there is a BB plugged... but it cannot communicate with it to get the info...

3) OS running... As soon as I'll be back home I'll check this info...

4) I didn't know the existence of this BBSAK software... Thank you for the suggestion... I'm going to download and to try it out...

Really thank you to give me these useful tips... I kinda like “problem solving challenge” and I'm looking forward to work on it.

I’ll keep you updated about the results.
    Best regards

Federico
    12-03-10 01:43 PM
    Fubaz,
    The OS of the BB should be the 4.5.0.20
    (Options / Advanced Options / Applications / 4.5.0.20 (all stuff related to BB have this number)

I installed the BBSAK, run it and plug the BB, or, plug the BB and run it, but the result was the same:

Pin: Disconnected
    No Device Detected

I tried with another cable. No way
    I changed different chip/sim cards (using mine as well)... no way...

When I plug the USB cable I just heard the characteristic "pling" window sound and the BB star to charge but nothing else then this.

So frustrating...
    Any idea?
    Thanks in advance for your patience!
    Last edited by roroarro; 12-04-10 at 08:37 AM.
    12-03-10 05:23 PM
    I have an image or what you see on my PC in the Device Administrator but i cannot put a link
    12-03-10 05:53 PM
    Dear all
    I FINALLY MANAGED TO CONNECT THE BB TO PC...

I tried again the "mass storage activator" (I found two different versions) and another fix called: "Calfix.exe"...

Using my notebook I didn’t get any result - None of the three fix and trying in 4 USB ports.
    I’m my wife's netbook it worked! (3rd USP port attempt)...

The BB reset and the DM showed the PIN number.
    Later on I'll try with the BBSAK to apply a WIPE...

Federico
    12-04-10 08:45 AM
    Dear all.
    I use the BBSAK, wipe the BB, installed the last OS... but... no way... the telephone was still randomly turning off.

I thought that could have been a problem of battery. So I bought a new one... It worked perfectly for a couple of days and then started to turn off a couple of times a day...

I really don't know how to solve this... I'm thinking to sell it, declaring the problem, and buy another phone.

Best regards
    Federico
    12-21-10 01:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD