I searched through the forums but could not find this problem. I hope I am not missing something incredibly simple and look like a fool. I need my calendar items to stay in my calendar longer than 60 days.

The instruction manuals tell me to go into the calendar, then into options, and then into general options to change the length of time past calendar items are saved.

My problem is that when I go into the calendar options I do not have general options to select my phone goes directly to a screen that allows me to change the initial view, enable quick entry, etc. Please, any help would be appreciated. I need to sync with my desktop and the phone keeps wanting to delete everything older the 60 days on my desktop.

Thanks
    09-08-08 12:51 PM
    Go into Calendar / Options / General Options / Keep Appointments...

That should help

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-08 12:59 PM
    Thanks for the reply.

However, my problem is when I go into Calendar / Options /
    There is no General Options / Keep Appointments... available. My phone goes directly to a screen that allows me to change the initial view, enable quick entry, etc.
    09-08-08 01:11 PM
    On the same Calendar Options screen that starts out initial view, enable quick entry, etc...keep looking down til you find "Keep Apppointments" near the bottom of the screen.
    09-08-08 01:14 PM
    Thanks JeffH,

I have tried your suggestion and I simply do not have the option to "Keep Appointments". The last items that show in my menu are: Show End time in Agenda View, Show Tasks, and Number of Entries

I have checked on another Curve and they have the Calendar / Options / General Options / Keep Appointments... option but it is not showing on mine.

Have I turned on a setting or something that has changed the behavior of this menu? I seem to remember being able to do this when I first got this phone. I have only had it for about a month.

Any additional help would be great!!!
    09-08-08 01:29 PM
    I cannot see "number of entries" unless I enter a specific calenders properties (Yahoo,BlackBerry , or Gmail)

Have you tried escaping back up a level from the screen you are in? Have you tried battery pull or soft reset? What is your default calender (CICAL) under OPTIONS/ADVANCED/DEFAULT SERVICES?

09-08-08 01:46 PM
    Thanks for the suggestions. If I hit the escape key (second from the right) when I am in the Calendar Options screen it takes me back to the calendar. I am not hitting power key (the far right key).

I have done a battery pull and it has not made any changes.
    When I go to OPTIONS/ADVANCED/DEFAULT SERVICES the only thing listed is �messaging (CMIME): Desktop�

Again any help would be very appreciated.
    09-08-08 03:11 PM
    Does anyone else have an idea about what is going on and how to fix it?
    09-08-08 04:07 PM
    You could try deleting and restoring the service book. Most carriers allow you to do that either by their web site, or by calling their Customer Service line. Check T-Mobile's website. If resending the service books is an option, try it. It won't hurt, and might fix the problem.
    09-08-08 04:15 PM
    I am having a similar problem with my replacement curve!

I'm a proud owner of a Bold but unfortunately having some problems with the hardware. I sent it to my service provider and until they solve the issue they sent me a replacement phone which is a Curve (8320)

I have huge problems with the phone. I lost all my e-mails and sms's. The phone is trying free internal memory by cleaning my messages. I had around 1200sms's and 4000 e-mails. But I can recover them by merging IPD files :-D

Now my really big problem is: I CAN NOT SEE MY CALENDARS ON MY CURVE! I am using iCal of Apple with SoHo Organizer. The problem is with my calendar subscriptions; none of them appear on my phone.

Any ideas??
    02-02-09 07:09 AM
    I bet your running 4.2. Go to Options > About and check the third line down, should be v4.5.0.81 or something to that effect. If you have a v4.2.x.xx you won't have the additional option and will have to upgrade your OS to something starting with 4.5.

Which company do have service through?

02-02-09 10:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD