hey guys this is really starting to drive me up a wall. My at&t 8310 just will not hold a signal at all its almost always on sos and then when i'm lucky enough to get an edge signal i can't make any calls because it always says call failed like it didn't have a signal in the first place and then if it goes to gsm which it sometimes does it won't let me make any calls and i can't receive any messages. What the **** is this things problem? I've had this thing for a year and it was fine up til about a month ago.
    05-21-09 11:55 PM
    Did you do anything to the BB, specifically change, or open the housing? some people gouge the antenna when they take the bottom cover off the BB.
    05-21-09 11:57 PM
    no i've never opened the casing to tell ya the truth i didn't know it came apart at all.
    05-21-09 11:59 PM
    If you have had it for a year, but under 12 mos. you should definitely take it in for a warranty replacement. Why did you wait a whole month when this problem started up?

Do you have insurance?
    05-22-09 12:43 AM
    well to tell ya the truth it started out just being intermittent and i just figured it was at&t being stupid but now its to the point where i hardly retain a signal so i guess i'll just take it to at&t tomorrow to see exactly how long i've had it if its been over 12 months i wonder if i'm eligible for an upgrade if so i may just get another blackberry except maybe an 8900 since they roll out today on their website.
    05-22-09 01:14 AM
    what OS are you running? .110?
    05-22-09 03:33 AM
    yeah i'm running .110 but i just seemed to fix my problem i read on here how to resend the service books and then i deleted facebook and since then i haven't had one single signal problem so thanks for the ideas.
    05-22-09 07:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD