Hi

Apologises if I have posted in the wrong forum.

Trying to rescue my 8310.
    Handset won't boot, either gets dead screen with blinking red LED - or (prevoiusly but won't even do that now) a screen with a battery sign with a line through it.
    Have replaced with a brand new battery - no joy.

Have attempted to reload the OS - gets the error 'unable to reconnect to device during a multi-stage operation'. As a result changed the USB power settings as suggested, shut down AV program, changed USB port, removed other UBS devices. Still no joy.

Attempted to wipe with Jl_Comder but it won'' connect. (unable to connect to port)

History - BB did get dropped three weeks ago - a week after it kept rebooting every time I'd try to use a function (e.g. write email, read email, etc.).

Any ideas on what I could try next or is it totally dead?

Many thanks in advance
    11-13-08 07:04 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry.

I am reluctant to say that your phone is dead but you seem to have done everything tha you can do to resurect the device.

I assume that you have seen these links too.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/unab...eration-73368/
    BlackBerry Search Results
    BlackBerry Search Results

These links are the limit of what is known about your problem.

If the phone is under warranty, now would be a good time to call that in.

If the phon eis not under warranty then you can send it to BlackBerry Repair Shop - A full line of RIM BlackBerry repair services and BlackBerry parts for all BlackBerry handheld devices who did good work for me when my phone needed hardware help.
    11-13-08 07:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD