Hi everyone,

I figured out yesterday how to change the tones / vibrations for my email alerts.

Now I also used my "Alarm Clock" yesterday to wake me up this morning and have noticed that my email notifications have not worked since.

I have followed all the instructions described in the FAQ on how to change how you are notified for a certain email message or call, etc...

But when I get an email it still does not notify me either by Vibrating / Tone'ing.

My settings are currently set to the correct email address as well.

Help?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by ceefor; 01-14-09 at 11:51 AM.
    01-14-09 11:47 AM
    Have you tried a battery pull? With your phone on, remove the battery for 30 seconds, then put it back in.
    01-14-09 12:28 PM
    Have you tried a battery pull? With your phone on, remove the battery for 30 seconds, then put it back in.
    Just gave that a try and sent myself a test email and still no alerts.
    01-14-09 12:54 PM
    Have you double checked that the settings and verified that the alert can be heard (file is not missing)? How are you modifying the settings?
    01-14-09 01:03 PM
    Have you double checked that the settings and verified that the alert can be heard (file is not missing)? How are you modifying the settings?
    So a little background on my situation...

I have 2 emails, my blackberry.net email and my Enterprise account email.

The settings I currently have for my Enterprise account email are Vibrate + Tone. This is for "Out of Holster" and "In Holster", both settings the same. I have this under my Profiles - Normal

My current tone is Notifier_BBpro_5 which I can play in my Media player, therefore don't believe it is missing.

Also note that the phone doesn't even vibrate when I get a new email.

To change / verify my settings I am selecting the "Profiles" on my desktop and then go to Advanced and select Normal (Active) and then select "Messages(Desktop)" for my Enterprise account.

Still nothing
    01-14-09 01:15 PM
    I would consult with your BES admin. You may need to reload the OS.
    01-14-09 01:32 PM
    A final question before I get to the stage.

I plugged in my Blackberry into my computer yesterday and installed the CD that came with my package.

After going through some security options I noticed that it had added "[email protected]" (which is not my Enterprise nor my Blackberry.net) as one of my emails on my phone.

I never asked it to do so, could this be the cause to all this?
    I do have GMail notifier on my desktop with the email mentioned above but how would it have imported??
    01-14-09 01:37 PM
    It could be. If you selected the incorrect connection when installing. Uninstalling and reinstalling making sure you choose the BES option and not BIS.
    01-14-09 01:42 PM
    Seems like I don't even have the option to reply to an email now! I can only "Save Draft", the option isn't even there when I go to "Full Menu"!!!!
    01-14-09 01:54 PM
    You definitely chose the wrong option when installing DM. You've lost your BES activation.
    01-14-09 02:05 PM
    When installing the software, I did in fact select "BES" instead of "BIS" however the following option is where I may have gone wrong.

I selected "Outlook" instead all of the other options.
    Would I select Enterprise option here as well?
    01-14-09 02:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD