Hi,

i just bought new 8310. initially it was using 4.2.2.170 then after using it for few hours, it reboot by itself.
    After reboot, while composing SMS it reboots again.

so i upgrade to 4.5.0.55. after upgrading to this version, it reboots only once after 2 days usage.
    but the main problem is while typing in YM, suddenly the screen goes black, red led flashing, white screen with hourglass came on. after that it returned to where i was before (YM). it happened so ofter. so i decided to upgrade again to .69 yesterday. after upgrading, it only happened once so far but this morning it reboots by itself again.

anyone knows what is the problem?

thanks in advance
    09-08-08 07:52 PM
    Could be YM. If that has been the constant.
    09-08-08 07:55 PM
    After using it for awhile go into options>status and post you file free number here.

Do you have an SD card in there? Also make sure things like pictures and music are saved to the sd card.

Check out link for memory optimization in the signature.
    09-08-08 07:57 PM
    @sunkast: i'm currently using YM 2.1.33, it is the latest right?

@lastraid: i don't have any pictures, music, and sd card yet, file free number is 22MB.

thanks
    09-08-08 08:03 PM
    I wouldn't know since I do not use YM. Are you reading the file free correctly btw? I see people get confused a lot of times with this, that's why I am asking. 22mb would be 22 plus 6 more numbers.
    09-08-08 08:14 PM
    just checked again. it is 24916088 now. so i assume it is not about memory issue right?

thanks

I wouldn't know since I do not use YM. Are you reading the file free correctly btw? I see people get confused a lot of times with this, that's why I am asking. 22mb would be 22 plus 6 more numbers.
    09-08-08 09:06 PM
    That would be correct. What you could do is try removing YM and seeing if it solves the issue or not. Otherwise I would say either get it replaced or try reloading the OS again..
    09-08-08 09:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD