I have an 8310 running software version 4.5.0.110 that has started randomly shutting down on me. Today I was surfing the web and the phone completely died. It was completely unresponsive to the power button. I did a battery pull and the phone started to boot, but after a few seconds, it died again into the same state. I did this 3 or 4 times in a row.

I then plugged it into a charger, did a battery pull and turned it on. It finally booted all the way and showed I had 50% battery left. I left it charging until the battery was full and its been fine since then.

Does this sound like a software or a battery issue? The phone is going on a year and a half old.

FWIW I have been having an issue where the phone will WSOD on me with a half battery or so and after I do a battery pull and reboot it, the battery will have dropped below 10% or so. I've freed up some memory and watch how many apps I background, and that seems to have stopped it from happening for the most part.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-09 08:10 PM
    What's your file free? And do you have any 3rd party apps?
    11-06-09 08:21 PM
    Check your file free. Might be a memory issue. In order for your Curve to run smoothly it should be no less than 12 mb
    11-06-09 08:36 PM
    File free is typically in the 12 to 13 mb range. The only 3rd party apps I have running on a regular basis are gmail and opera mini.

I actually just had it happen again. It seems to only happen when the batter drops just below 50%. This time the phone died with the battery just shy of 50 but was in the warning range after battery pull. I have been noticing that the battery dies faster as of late. For instance, previously I could run the phone for a while at critical battery before the phone cut off the radio.. As of last week, the phone started giving the "low battery" warning and shutting down the radio all in the same breath.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-09 09:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD