I'm new to blackberry, I've only had my curve a few months and I love it. Only this is the second curve I've had during this time and I'm having the same problem with the second one now.
    Randomly, but almost daily, and sometimes several times a day, my curve will delete all msgs that aren't saved and it deletes my Call Log at the same time. And most of the time I can't receive msgs. With out them being immediately deleted. I have to do a battery pull to get my curve working properly again. I've got my settings to never delete msgs and I've got plenty of memory. Any ideas please?? I'm at a loss.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-08 10:11 PM
    Either its another defective BB or it justs needs to be wiped clean and have the OS reinstalled. Try it out, and see if it will solve your issues.
    04-09-08 10:18 PM
    Either its another defective BB or it justs needs to be wiped clean and have the OS reinstalled. Try it out, and see if it will solve your issues.
    Sorry but I don't think you are right.

It's more likely a low memory issue. Go to Options > Status, and report back what you have for File Free.
    04-09-08 10:38 PM
    Thanks I'll have to try that. I was just hoping there would be an eaier fix, somethin I was just over lookin. But I guess I'll have to give that a try.
    04-09-08 10:39 PM
    Yeah, I don't think that's it either. I have 2821162 Bytes free. And I always have atleast a million bytes or so at any given time. By the way I'm replying from my phone via opera mini , sorry if it takes me a while to get back.
    04-09-08 10:55 PM
    Sorry but I don't think you are right.

It's more likely a low memory issue. Go to Options > Status, and report back what you have for File Free.
    Sorry I don't think you are right, Op said he has plenty of memory left. He already ruled that out.
    04-09-08 10:59 PM
    It is a memory problem. 2821162 Bytes free is less than 3mb. 10,240,000 would be 10mb. 2821162 Bytes translates into 2,821,162 Bytes or 2mb, 821kb, and 162 bytes. You need at the very least 10mb free. I would recommend 15mb so that you aren't even near the danger point.

Why is my BlackBerry losing its call logs or message logs? - BlackBerryFAQ

How do I free up memory on my device? - BlackBerryFAQ

Optimize your BB! How To Setup for max free memory!
    Last edited by sunkast; 04-09-08 at 11:16 PM.
    04-09-08 11:09 PM
    Look at the numbers....

2821162 bytes
    25438486 bytes

You have a entire extra digit. You have way more than he does, which is roughly about 25mb.
    04-09-08 11:17 PM
    Look at the numbers....

2821162 bytes
    25438486 bytes

You have a entire extra digit.
    Your correct thats why i deleted my comment
    04-09-08 11:18 PM
    this is why people post negatively about you sunkast you should go through some sensitivity training or people skills training if your gonna post on here all the time to help people cuz you are very condescending which makes you seem like a d*ck, dont take it the wrong way it doesnt bother me but a lot of people end up poasting about you in all the forums after you come through with your condescending advice, if your gonna be here to help try not to be so mean about it so people stay here and dont move to other forums where they feel welcome

just my 2cents
    04-09-08 11:22 PM
    BTW twiganberrys, I apologize for calling you a he if you are a she. I always seem to assume everyone is a guy on here.
    04-09-08 11:27 PM
    this is why people post negatively about you sunkast you should go through some sensitivity training or people skills training if your gonna post on here all the time to help people cuz you are very condescending which makes you seem like a d*ck, dont take it the wrong way it doesnt bother me but a lot of people end up poasting about you in all the forums after you come through with your condescending advice, if your gonna be here to help try not to be so mean about it so people stay here and dont move to other forums where they feel welcome

just my 2cents
    I like your constructive criticism. I'll try and change the way I post. I certainly don't mean to come across as condescending in most of my posts. Feel free to kick me if I continue to sound that way.
    04-09-08 11:31 PM
    no one wants to kick you lol i personally love the fact that your so familiar with the forums that you can answer most questions with a link, im glad i didnt come off mean with that whole thing lol i didnt want to sound like a ****
    04-09-08 11:38 PM
    Wow, I had no idea I needed that much free memory. I'm a bit of a download junkie. There are so many good 3rd Party apps out there. I've been havin a hay day downloading them all. I need some help, and I guess the 1st step towards recovery is admitting I have a problem. Thank you every body for your advice. Now if I could easily erase all of the preloaded themes, pics and other crap.
    04-09-08 11:39 PM
    you can delete all that crap i am actually in the process of doing it to my gf pearl right now cuz she keeps asking me to and i never do lol, as sunkast posted before this link is very helpful for me when i was learning to do this

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ee-memory.html
    04-09-08 11:44 PM
    And if you don't have a memory card yet to store your photos and music on, you should get one. That is a key area you can free up by having a memory card to put all that on.
    04-09-08 11:49 PM
    Thanks again guys. And by the way Sunkast you had it right the 1st time. I am a guy. I thought the name "Twig and Berries" would have given it away. Lol.
    04-10-08 12:06 AM
    Yeah. I have a 2G card but I need to upgrade to a 4G. I only have about 40 MB left. I have a lot of music.
    04-10-08 12:13 AM

just my 2cents
    Your post sounds very intelligent.
    04-10-08 01:10 AM
    Your post sounds very intelligent.
    lol thanks pooger
    04-10-08 01:31 AM
    Hey sunkast! If you go to sensitivity training let me know, bc I know I need it more than you do.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-08 02:48 AM
    the sensitivity training part was a joke lol i thought it was funny
    04-10-08 02:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD