Hi all,
    Well, I have had had my 8310 about a year and I used to think it was the greatest thing ever, but that has faded a bit, and apparently I'm not eligible for an upgrade until February 2011. Oh yeah, and my hubby has an iPhone and keeps telling me how great it is, and I continue to ignore him.
    So, I have several questions for whomever would be kind enough to answer them
    First, my internet display on the screen is terrible. The graphics are terrible, and it doesn't stream any type of video. Is this just the nature of the beast, or is there something I can do to improve this?
    Second, I have the stock browser. I was wondering if it would help me at all to either download Bolt or Opera, but (don't laugh) I'm scared it will crash my phone.
    Third, the version I have is 4.5.0.110. I think there is probably a more current version (I have read the sticky about this), but again, I'm scared it will crash my phone. Also, there is a "wireless upgrade" option in Advanced Options, is that a practical way to upgrade the version?
    FYI, I do have a 4 GB media card installed on it, but a "stock battery."
    Any help you could give would be great, and thanks in advance
    05-09-10 07:31 PM
    The stock browser is like that on the 8310 and older devices, especially running 4.5. Downloading Opera or Bolt will not "crash" your device, but it will improve your browsing experience either of those browsers is better than stock.

As for upgrading your OS as long as you follow the directions step by step you should not have any problems even if you do that is why you should keep always keep a current backup of your device on the PC/Mac.

No worries about crashing your device free time is all you need.
    05-09-10 07:36 PM
    Okay, thanks!
    So, I downloaded Bolt...now, how to make it the default browser? The "stock" one still comes up when I bring up the internet.
    Also, if I am able to make Bolt my default browser, will I have the same option to clear out the cache as I do with the stock browser?
    Last edited by Scarlett BB; 05-09-10 at 08:10 PM.
    05-09-10 08:05 PM
    I haven't had Bolt for a few weeks now, so unless they changed anything with a recent update, you are unable to set as default browser.
    And yes, you will be able to clear out the history, cache, and all that junk within the Bolt browser.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-10 01:21 PM
    Okay, thanks!
    05-10-10 06:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD