just to ask all of you blackberry fanatics out there, My titanium 8310 wouldnt work with my bluetooth, so they sent me a red replacement and then i got an error message on the new phone "jvm 529" and the phone was useless...att is sending me a new phone.

has anyone had a similar problem like this or can anyone offer any suggestions on maybe a different model if the new phone doesnt work either
    03-16-08 10:13 PM
    for the JVM errors you can reload the OS, search around here for the threads, and it will tell you exactly how. i believe that its under the help & how-to section...
    03-16-08 10:15 PM
    thanx i appreciate it
    03-17-08 12:21 AM
    Did you reload it and get it working properly?

BlackBerry device displays JVM 529 error
    Doc ID : KB12063
    Last Modified : 2007-04-23
    Document Type : Support

Print this page

Environment

* Java� enabled BlackBerry� devices

Problem

The BlackBerry device displays the following error message:

JVM 529: Corrupt file system. About to attempt recovery. Some data may be lost.

Cause

A corrupt file system on the BlackBerry device causes this issue.

Resolution

To resolve this issue, perform an application load on the BlackBerry device. See KB11320 for more information.

Workaround

If you choose Continue, the BlackBerry device will attempt to repair itself.

Warning: Some data might be lost during this repair.

Products & Services:

* BlackBerry Devices
    03-17-08 12:28 AM
    How to perform a clean install of BlackBerry Device Software using Application Loader
    Doc ID : KB11320
    Last Modified : 2008-02-08
    Document Type : How To

Print this page

Environment

* BlackBerry� Desktop Manager
    * BlackBerry smartphones

Warning: You should not install BlackBerry� Device Software that is earlier than the version installed on the BlackBerry smartphone. Doing so could cause the BlackBerry smartphone to malfunction.

Procedure

Before proceeding, make sure that the latest BlackBerry Desktop Software is installed on the computer by completing the following steps:

1. Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    2. Click Help.
    3. Select About Desktop Manager from the menu and select the Device Software tab.
    4. Confirm that the BlackBerry Device Software displayed is the latest version currently available from the service provider.

For instructions on how to download the latest version of BlackBerry Desktop Manager, see KB12532.

Warning: The following procedure will erase all data from the BlackBerry smartphone. Back up the BlackBerry smartphone before proceeding. For instructions, see KB12487.

To perform a clean install of the BlackBerry Device Software, perform the following steps:

1. Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer and open BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    2. Double-click the Application Loader icon.
    3. Click Next to start the installation process.
    4. Type your BlackBerry smartphone password, if prompted, and click OK.
    5. Click the check boxes next to the names of the applications you want to load, and then click Next.
    6. Click Advanced, and then click the check box beside Erase all currently installed applications.
    7. Click Next.
    8. Click the check box next to Do not automatically backup the application data during the loading process.
    9. Clear the box next to Backup and restore applications installed wirelessly.
    10. Click Next > Finish.
    11. When the process has completed, the message The loading operation was successful will appear. Click Close to return to BlackBerry Desktop Manager.

Additional Info
    Provide feedback on this article

To provide feedback on this article to help us better serve you, click here.

Products & Services:

* BlackBerry Devices
    * BlackBerry Desktop Software
    03-17-08 12:29 AM
    yah i just got a RIM BlackBerry Curve 8310 from (AT&T) and every time i use it more then 5 mins it reboots does anybody know whats wrong?
    01-05-09 05:24 PM
    yah i just got a RIM BlackBerry Curve 8310 from (AT&T) and every time i use it more then 5 mins it reboots does anybody know whats wrong?
    If you just got it, you should take it back to the att store. Your phone should not reboot like that. Oh and welcome to CB
    01-05-09 05:36 PM
    Welcome this is a great site! I am glad I found out about it because me and my BB have our moments!!
    01-05-09 05:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD