I just went from a Pearl to the Curve. Everything works fine except I cannot get an email notification. I get the "star" next to the icon showing I have mail, but no alert of any kind. I have went through all the settings in my "profile" and made sure everything was "on" but i still get nothing. It doesnt work for email only. SMS and everything else are fine.....only problem is with email. I am a fairly "seasoned" BB user, but cannot figure this one out. Also, I have done all the software updates, battery pull (on and off). ANY help would be appreciated.
    Thanks!
    06-11-08 05:39 PM
    did you ever find a solution? i've got the same problem. i had the e-mail icons before i had to perform a device wipe. after that, no e-mail icons and no notifications other than seeing the *star with the envelope on my homescreen. i think if i can get the icons back in my homescreen it will allow a profile change to each e-mail account
    06-11-08 07:37 PM
    Nothing.... I have the little star by the mail icon, and have notifiers both lights and sound for everything else but EMAIL. It works fine on text messages, calendar, EVERYTHING BUT EMAIL????? SOMEONE HELP!!! No led, no sound when I recieve an email. I dont know what else to do. I think I will go back to my pearl if I cant get this fixed.
    06-12-08 10:20 AM
    Most likely need to re-register phone with network. For Verizon dial *228 and follow instructions. Other carriers must have same type of update process.
    06-12-08 12:08 PM
    I FIXED IT! I dont know why this worked, but here is what I did. I figured that since it was an "email only" problem, it had to be something to do with the email set up. Even though EVERY setting in the phone was correct, it still didnt work. Basically, i went and deleted the service books for my email account. I pulled the battery to reset the phone, then went to my browser (ATT) and to media net. There is a setup in there under blackberry start to resend the service books. Once I did that, all is well. and everything works GREAT!
    06-12-08 01:37 PM
    So, I'm a newbie here, but I have the same phone and have the same problem...can you tell me how exactly to delete the service book? It's driving me crazy not to hear my notifications!
    01-29-09 01:25 PM
    Anyone? I tried a search, but can't find the info I'm looking for...
    01-29-09 02:58 PM
    Okay, I figured it out and did what hutto2007 did, and still no dings Any other suggestions?
    01-29-09 04:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD