OK, I plug my phone into my battery charger every night. Woke up today unplugged it and nothing. No back-light. I can see theme screen, however I cannot get the application screen up. Removed the battery, waited over 30 secs, Put battery back in & red led on top glowed like always. Still no back-light on screen or keyboard (same as before). Went to the store, got a new battery, put it in & got a lit screen for 1/2 a second, then back to black. The phone rings, but I cannot pick up or reject the calls. Shows missed calls on the top of the screen. I can see the date, time, battery level, signal strength, but I can't get to anything else. With the new battery I get the green flashing LED at the top, never had it & still don't with the old battery. I can see every thing (apps)on the phone through BB desktop mgr. Is my phone's soul now in Blackberry heaven?
    11-25-09 01:47 PM
    up date, w/no battery & plugged into computer I get a lit screen with a red diagonaly striped battery. have up graded os, still no back light w/battery in. guess its dead, PLEASE HELP, ANYONE
    11-25-09 06:06 PM
    Has it been exposed to any type of moisture at all? Even the slightest like leaving it in the bathroom while taking a steamy shower?
    11-25-09 06:33 PM
    Has it been exposed to any type of moisture at all? Even the slightest like leaving it in the bathroom while taking a steamy shower?
    not at all, I have never dropped it, dunked it, or taken it into the bathroom when showering. I would understand this if I had done somethhing other than waking up, unplugging it and pressing a key.
    11-25-09 06:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD