It seems to want to just type "ououou" from time to time. None of the other keys work, and a battery pull doesn't help. I checked the bottom of the battery and sure enough, the little label that I didn't even know existed has turned pink with little "x"s on it, apparently indicating water damage. The warranty expired this past May, so I'm wondering what options, if any, I have.
    08-07-09 09:07 PM
    Did the device get exposed to ANY moisture? Even a little bit?

Sweaty pocket? Steamy bathroom? Wet hands? Wet hair? High humidity environment?

Note also that the presence of pink X's on the battery is the normal condition. But the keyboard still could have moisture damage.

You might try replacing the keyboard.
    08-07-09 09:11 PM
    Did the device get exposed to ANY moisture? Even a little bit?

Sweaty pocket? Steamy bathroom? Wet hands? Wet hair? High humidity environment?

Note also that the presence of pink X's on the battery is the normal condition. But the keyboard still could have moisture damage.

You might try replacing the keyboard.
    I believe it might have been exposed to moisture in a steamy bathroom. I thought I read that pink Xs were bad, but I was apparently wrong.

I should add, no buttons work. The mute button, on top of the phone and a bit away from the keyboard, does not turn the screen on when I press it.
    08-07-09 09:37 PM
    You may be able to go to the store and pay a small fee for them to give you a refurbished model. I went to Verizon and I paid 50 dollars for a refurbished one because I did not have warranty or insurance. I had the same problem.
    08-07-09 10:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD