Help! My keyboard isn't responding. Only way I can wake the phone up is by plugging in the charger. I can roll the trac ball and highlight the unlock, emergency call and cancel but it won't let me select them. I've tried * and send but it's like the keyboard won't respond. Bought it on E-Bay 5 months ago so doubt it has a warranty. Anyone know what to do?? Too much info on it to scrap it!
    05-27-08 07:59 AM
    Do a battery pull and see if that works.
    05-27-08 08:19 AM
    I pulled the battery and the sim card. Still nothing.
    05-27-08 08:44 AM
    I have the same problem, my keyboard lights up if i press the keyboard (the whole keyboard at once) but it does not accept "enter" or "accept" commands. The trackball moves but does not work as a button.

This happened to me once before and i just had warranty service on it. I still have warranty...but i'd like some ideas as to what causes this.
    07-19-08 07:40 PM
    Help! My keyboard isn't responding. Only way I can wake the phone up is by plugging in the charger. I can roll the trac ball and highlight the unlock, emergency call and cancel but it won't let me select them. I've tried * and send but it's like the keyboard won't respond. Bought it on E-Bay 5 months ago so doubt it has a warranty. Anyone know what to do?? Too much info on it to scrap it!

If it works fine on an external charger perhaps you have a battery issue......
    I dunno for sure........but it is plausible I suppose....

Good Luck
    07-19-08 07:43 PM
    As for the exact issue of how to get the data off, did you try hooking it to your PC and performing a "backup" of the device? this backup can be put onto another phone, (either in whole or in part). I've done this myself before.
    07-19-08 07:44 PM
    What you have to do is download the latest version of the firmware. I know that you can download on the At&t site. I don't know if will work for other cellphone companies.
    07-28-08 11:15 AM
    my blackberry is having a similar problem.
    i can turn it on (it goes through the whole startup) but as soon as it gets to the home screen, it goes black like it would if i let it sit, but then the keys or nothing replies, i still get everything (text, calls, etc.) and it will light up for phone calls, but i can't answer them.

this is really annoying cause i have like 3 texts, a voicemail, and a couple of emails that i can't get to. and it really worries me cause i'm not under warranty and i don't wanna have to get a new blackberry, i love mine too much and i don't have the $ to get one
    any advice would be great.
    thanks
    06-20-10 08:28 PM
    my blackberry is having a similar problem.
    i can turn it on (it goes through the whole startup) but as soon as it gets to the home screen, it goes black like it would if i let it sit, but then the keys or nothing replies, i still get everything (text, calls, etc.) and it will light up for phone calls, but i can't answer them.

this is really annoying cause i have like 3 texts, a voicemail, and a couple of emails that i can't get to. and it really worries me cause i'm not under warranty and i don't wanna have to get a new blackberry, i love mine too much and i don't have the $ to get one
    any advice would be great.
    thanks
    I'm having this same problem--started today just an hour or so after the phone was working fine. Just curious--is anybody using battery booster? I updated it very recently and for some reason I suspect that program may have something to do with it.
    10-11-10 02:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD