my girlfriend just got a curve off of ebay and we charged it right when she got it,heres the problem,she will be using it and the screen will just randomly go black and the only way to get it turned on it to plug it in or i think a battery pull worked but cant remember,is this a battery issue its went down 15 or so % in the night or is this a device issue
    thanks
    04-25-09 07:52 AM
    it just happened again and i pulled the battery ,it started to load then shut off again
    04-25-09 07:56 AM
    Put it on the charger for a bit. ALso take into a store and see if they can try another battery. They can also test the battery and see if it is any good. Overall though it might be the device and being it is used and from Ebay, one never really knows.
    04-25-09 07:59 AM
    ok thanks ill go into rogers and see if they can try another battery,it seems like its the battery cause i put it on the charger for like 4 hours then it was fine for a while and now its just shutting off randomly
    04-25-09 08:05 AM
    That is normal, when the battery is low, it shuts down the network radio and screen to conserve power.

Give it a full overnight charge, if the battery is fully charged you are good to go. If it does not take a full charge, you should replace it.
    04-25-09 12:20 PM
    i went and bought a new battery and its seems to be working fine now thanks
    04-25-09 01:01 PM
    Good to hear
    04-25-09 01:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD