Hey all,

This morning my 8310 got run over and now doesn't seem to work. I want to attempt to fix it but I have a couple of questions first.

1) Should it ever be able to turn on without the battery? The battery adaptor has snapped off so I can't plug my battery in but I get no response except for a short buzz when I plug it in with my wall charger.

2) What is the purpose of the two small pads right at the bottom of the mainboard? One of them has snapped off and I am not sure if that is a fatal problem. (The pads that connect to the two large copper connectors on the housing). Other than that the mainboard looks in good condition.

3) Is there any way to check if the LCD is cracked without being able to turn the phone on? I need to know if I have to order a new one of those as well.

Thanks in advance for any help!
    05-03-09 09:27 AM
    *bump*

Any advice, this really needs solving
    05-03-09 11:30 AM
    the blackberry can turn on without battery if its plugged to a wall charger or pc

picture? like to know about these two "pads", even though i think you are talking about the antenna connectors

hmm for the lcd, kinda hard, the lcd might look as it is intact from the outside, but some pixels might be long deeead for which the backlight comes useful at detecting them. try using a flashlight right over the lcd to see if there are any dark spots, weird color variations or lines ;x
    Last edited by gbsn; 05-03-09 at 11:50 AM.
    05-03-09 11:47 AM
    Just get a new one hun..lol then the one you have can be the "back up"
    05-03-09 11:49 AM
    Did you have insurance on your phone at all? That would really save you.

My condolances to your Blackberry. Hang in there.
    05-03-09 11:50 AM
    Thanks for the responses so far. I think my insurance is only for theft, not for accidental damage

Here are the contacts I was talking about:
    http://img369.imageshack.us/img369/516/dsc00021.jpg

And some more photos of the damage:
    http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/219/dsc00023t.jpg
    http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/5764/dsc00024eof.jpg
    http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/1509/dsc00025rop.jpg

(Sorry for the large pictures)

Any chance of this being fixed if I replace the housing, screen and battery?
    Last edited by tzmeh; 05-03-09 at 01:04 PM.
    05-03-09 12:53 PM
    It looks like there was another casualty in that last photo as well.

Sorry, that BB looks done for.

I would be extremely surprised if you could resuscitate that BB. Even if you could, it would probably be cheaper to file an insurance claim on it and pay the deductible.

Hopefully you have insurance on your BB.
    05-03-09 01:24 PM
    It looks like there was another casualty in that last photo as well.

Sorry, that BB looks done for.

I would be extremely surprised if you could resuscitate that BB. Even if you could, it would probably be cheaper to file an insurance claim on it and pay the deductible.

Hopefully you have insurance on your BB.
    Only for theft

You think the damage on the bottom of the motherboard is enough to render it useless?
    05-03-09 01:28 PM
    If you have insurance thru your carrier, namely Asurion, you'll pay the deductible and get a refurbed device and send your old one back to them. Asurion insurance covers just about everything, especially oopsies like you described.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-09 01:31 PM
    Even if your insurance only covers for theft, I guess your BB got stolen, right?
    05-03-09 01:35 PM
    Tell your insurance carrier that you lost it. Most cell coverage is for loss or damage. You might call your carrier and inquire as to what the insurance they sell will cover.
    05-03-09 01:36 PM
    I dont want to offend anyone here but if that was a person on life support I would be in favor of pulling the plug
    05-03-09 01:39 PM
    I guess you are all right. Thanks anyway, maybe this is my chance to upgrade to a pearl
    05-03-09 03:07 PM
    Blasphemy!

05-03-09 03:16 PM
    Craigslist for the win you can find a cheap bb on there. **** I found mine on there and it had a minor scratch and the usb port didn't work. I called tmobile and told them what was wrong and the phone was still under warrenty so they sent me a new one with no problems and a new updated os and I gave them the "used" one.

05-06-09 02:09 AM
    Wow sorry to hear. I suggest you just buy a new one because this might cause you more trouble

05-06-09 09:10 AM
    aww that stinks!!
    05-06-09 10:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD