So I got my BB used, it works great but shows some wear and tear. I found a complete housing set in red. Its about $22 (without tools). I have searched the forum a bit and really I just wanted to know if anyone has changed the 8310 complete housing and how it went (in terms of difficulty).
    I have a computer tool kit (nerdy i know) so i'm assuming I will have the tools needed unless there is some special screwdriver made only for the BB's. I'm sure I can find easy instructions on youtube or even google... but anything blackberry for me I will always check here!
    So folks, anyone experienced with this on the 8310 please share your thoughts and experience, it's greatly appreciated!
    04-28-10 07:40 PM
    I went ahead and purchased a complete housing set up. For future reference to anyone interested in doing this. After my post I did some more searching all you need is a t
    T5 screwdriver (from my googlin). Also there are awesome step by step instructions for disassemblin and reassembling the 8310. On youtube. Well I hope its as easy as it looks and hope my pointless thread can help someone in the future lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-10 10:51 PM
    I've changed many housing for the Curve series. It's actually VERY easy and takes maybe 15-20minutes tops depending on how confident you feel doing it. I recommend you watch all the tutorials on youtube and study them untill you feel comfortable doing it yourself. Good luck!!!
    04-28-10 11:22 PM
    Sorry to intervene but I too have actually done about 300 housing exchanges and you need both a T5 and a T6 to disassemble your Curve... a good plastic pry tool is essential to pry the housing loose from the speaker/lcd frame...... If you buy a housing online 99% of the time you will get a T5, T6, and a plastic pry tool... BE CAREFUL of the plastic tabs and take your time
    04-29-10 11:01 PM
    cool thanks for the responses guys, it should be here on Saturday i'll update you how it goes lol
    04-30-10 07:06 AM
    Received the full replacement today, the switch was pretty easy, for my first time stippin down a blackberry nothing broke and the phone looks great! The only problem The only thing I ran into was something was up with the new keyguard, i wasnt able to click the space bar etc. so i kept the old keyguard and put the new trackball in lol. If any of you have run into that problem or understand what im talking about is there an easy fix or just ***t out of luck? Anyways, im very happy with it! Thanks for your input!
    05-01-10 04:13 PM
    Make sure your headphone jack still works. Many have had the headphone jack go dead after a housing swap.
    05-01-10 04:38 PM
    Make sure your headphone jack still works. Many have had the headphone jack go dead after a housing swap.
    this is good to know, i will test it out tonight thanks for the info
    05-01-10 08:30 PM
    Was a little late to getting around to testing it out but it checked out ok and works fine.
    Thanks for the advice.
    05-04-10 08:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD