After the long and painful process of getting my old number put onto my new at&t curve 8310, I brought my new phone home in hopes of doing a number of different things:

1 - Setting up my gmail to my phone
    2 - Uploading my contacts from gmail/outlook

Going through the getting started guide, I found that what the guide says does not match up with the phone itself. For instance, it says I can go to the "blackberry setup" menu and select "Email setup", which I cant. On top of that, when I do find my way to the email setup through the setup wizard it only gives me the option to skip this step or to setup my email from Bberry enterprise. No option to setup a personal account, like in the guide, is available.

Also, I cannot get the Blackberry User Tools CD Rom to work AT ALL. So I cannot use my bberry with my PC currently.

I am just wondering if any of you have experience with this and can offer some help or advice?

Thanks in advance.
    06-25-08 01:47 AM
    Hi and welcome to Crackberry.

To connect your new phone to your computer you need to download and install the BlackBerry Desktop Manager v4.5 from https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22. Install this filename: Desktop Software v4.3 b25 without Media Manager (English).exe. The reason I reccomend no using Media Manager is that most people here find it to be a useless piece of software that slows down your PC. There are other ways of getting media on and off your phone. When you need this, ust ask.

Once DM is installed, you need to setup to sync with Outlook. Connect your phone to a directly connected USB port (not via a USB hub). Click Synchronize and select Configuration. Here you will find a Wizar that will walk you through the synchronization setup process. It is a little confusing but works well enough.

Try this and get back here when it works and then we will move on to the email.
    06-25-08 02:12 AM
    This one is simple...DO YOU HAVE A BLACKBERRY DATA PLAN?
    Call your service provider and make sure you do.
    06-25-08 02:16 AM
    When your data plan is activated (can take up to 24 hours) you will receive an email settings icon and a browser icon then you will be good to go.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-08 02:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD