I know there's been post regarding the dust under the screen of the Curve BBs. I was wondering how it's getting in there. It's always on the right side only from looking at my Curve and other's. The really stands out when I'm outside in the sun.

I've tried adding another thin layer of padding from my old Curve under the screen. And that didn't work. I thought the tight compression from two layer would keep the dust out and it didn't.

To me it looks likes there's no place for the dust to get in, but, obviously I'm really wrong. I'm getting tired of cleaning it.

I know the solution is to don't keep it in my pocket but I was wondering if anyone found a solution keeping the dust out of their Curve.

Thanks.
    06-29-08 06:05 PM
    One, I hane the same problem with all my curves. I haven't found any way to fix except an otterbox case. I will keep checking back to see if anyone else has a fix. If I figure anything out I will PM you.
    06-29-08 06:08 PM
    There is what appears to be a very small gap between the edges of the screen and the BB casing. It is my guess that the dust is getting into that gap and works its way under the screen. I am not sure if there is a good way to stop it if that is how it gets under the screen. Mine is so new and I am very particular about dust on it so I alway wipe any off of it as soon as I see it. However the gap below the talk, menu, back and end buttons appears to have some dust particles in it.
    06-30-08 12:16 AM
    Sometimes the Glue holding the Lens to the outer case comes loose and dust finds its way in. I found that problem increased exponentially when i had to replace my case with a new one from impact damage.

Hopefully will be able to warranty switch soon
    06-30-08 05:25 PM
    I am having the same problem. I recently had to replace my screen and I have noticed that there is a small gap on the side of the screen that allows for the dust to enter. You mentioned that you are getting tired of cleaning it. How are you doing this? Are you taking the screen off and cleaning?

I wish I had a solution but if anyone does please let us know. Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-08 06:31 PM
    I am having the same problem. I recently had to replace my screen and I have noticed that there is a small gap on the side of the screen that allows for the dust to enter. You mentioned that you are getting tired of cleaning it. How are you doing this? Are you taking the screen off and cleaning?

I wish I had a solution but if anyone does please let us know. Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I've been taking it apart and cleaning under the screen using a camera lens blower/brush. It takes some time to do so but after about a two months or so, the dust just gets too much to put up with.

But yeah, if anyone have a solution, it would be great. Thanks.
    06-30-08 07:16 PM
    I've been taking it apart and cleaning under the screen using a camera lens blower/brush. It takes some time to do so but after about a two months or so, the dust just gets too much to put up with.
    Thanks for the info. I figure that in about 2 weeks I will need to give that a try.
    07-01-08 07:58 AM
    I was just looking at the Seidio Super Slim Crystal Case. Does anyone know if this case or similar cases might help reduce the dust issue with some Curves?
    07-02-08 10:21 AM
    When I opted for the magnetic leather BB case - and ACTUALLY used it - it helped alot........I try to keep it in the case whenever I am not actively using it and found that not only does it still look new........it cuts down on dust in a big way........I am curious if any of the skins do the same..........I have never used them.....
    07-02-08 10:46 AM
    When I opted for the magnetic leather BB case - and ACTUALLY used it - it helped alot........I try to keep it in the case whenever I am not actively using it and found that not only does it still look new........it cuts down on dust in a big way........I am curious if any of the skins do the same..........I have never used them.....
    What is weird is I use the oem bb skin and never had a problem with dust under the screen so maybe it helps. However, I have heard people complaining about it when I never had a problem!

Charlie
    07-02-08 05:40 PM
    Thanks for the info guys. I think I will try one of the form fitting cases or skins.
    07-03-08 08:59 AM

But yeah, if anyone have a solution, it would be great. Thanks.

I haven't taken apart my curve to clean the dust, and now is kind of annoying. I will try the cases and skins to see which one is better for the dust control. But is there a step by step explanation on how to take apart the BB Curve??? Or is it really simple?
    07-03-08 09:24 AM
    I haven't taken apart my curve to clean the dust, and now is kind of annoying. I will try the cases and skins to see which one is better for the dust control. But is there a step by step explanation on how to take apart the BB Curve??? Or is it really simple?
    There is a youtube video that will walk you thru it. I don't have the link handy but I am sure someone will be kind enough to post it.
    07-03-08 09:57 AM
    I found the link but I am not allowed to post URLs until I have 10 post. This one should make 10.
    07-03-08 10:03 AM
    Here is the link:

07-03-08 10:04 AM
    Here is the link:

Thanks a lot for the link!!!
    07-04-08 04:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD