This question may have already been answered but my wife's 8310 which is about 2 years old screen went completly white then blanked out and after that beeped and now will not power up or do anything! Thought it might be the battery cause we had went through a couple of batterys for it kept frying them.Someone told me to download the latest upgrades for it at the blackberry.com website and after that it seemed to work great and then bam this happened.We tired our friends battery in it and nothing and tried our battery in our friends phone and it worked fine so its not the battery this time causing the problem.If anyone knows if there is a fix or if I should bury it and chock it up as a loss and move on to another one please let me know. Really like the blackberry but these hick-ups is kinda pushing me away so any help will be appreciated!! Thanks
    03-15-10 02:56 PM
    Uhh...
    If.. It died....
    *chokes..* its dead...
    Sorry.

Lol jkjk

Have you tried to plug it into a computer and wipe it with BBSak?

If not try it and get it to show the no OS error and redownload.

Also try to take out the memory card and try again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-10 09:28 PM
    This sounds like a hardware failure. The phone is 2 years old, after all. If DC's suggestions don't work, then you're probably going to need a new phone. Hopefully you backed up and synced your phone on a regular basis.

As far as BB quality, it sounds like you got a bad device, or something happened to in its life to make it bad. Seriously, a BB is a solid, reliable device, but they are still electronics, and electronics fail. Don't give up on them that easy!

Good luck!
    03-15-10 10:41 PM
    Thanks for the help and it was just funny how it all of a sudden started eating batterys but once it was updated it did great then "BOOM" and of course the death beep and white chocking face and it was gone like yesterdays garbage then nothing!! I will try and see if it will do anything once hooked into the compute and see what happens,thanks guys!!
    03-17-10 06:12 PM
    The simplest recovery is to try plugging it in and then launching DM5.

DM5 will say it cannot identify a device. However, it may also suggest reinstalling the OS. If it says that then go for it...

Hardware should last a lot more than 2 years, unless it was a knock-off made in Mongolia? (Not a knock on Mongolians, I was just trying to think of a place logistically more distant than China)

If the DM5 approach doesn't work, there are other ways to force a reinstall. Alternatively, post it to me (nobody has accepted this suggestion yet, lol)
    Last edited by flop; 03-17-10 at 06:31 PM.
    03-17-10 06:29 PM
    yes...wipe it and reinstall is the best choice of action....make sure to use the os from att carrier....if not i do believe that you will have to delete the vendor.xml code...i think
    03-18-10 11:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD