What is the easiest way to stop email from coming to your phone temporarily?
    I have the Blackberry Curve 8310. Thanks
    01-17-08 05:57 PM
    That depends. Do you want the all the stopped emails to come when you start services again?

A little better explanation of what you want to do would help. There are several ways to stop it.
    01-17-08 08:04 PM
    I have the same question and since John wants situations lets do both but the easiest first:

1) how do I just stop the BB from getting mail (going Int'l, don't need massive data bill)

2) how do I stop it from getting mail, until I want it ?

Sooooo many settings in the BB with no docs nothing like having to use a forum of friends for help
    01-17-08 10:22 PM
    There's a huge .pdf User's Guide on the CD that came with the device that tells most of what you may need to know. It's just that almost nobody reads it.

1. Go to Options >Mobile Network >Data Services: Off.

2. Same as number 1.

These two methods will stop all mail until you turn the data back on. Once you do that, all the mail will flood back in. However, I think it only holds mail in the que for a certain period of time (like a week) then dumps it if it can't find your device on the network.

If you want to stop mail from going to the BB completely, go to the BIS site, into the filters section and tell the system to not forward email to the handheld. That will temporarily disable any mail going to the device. Once you go back and tell it to forward mail again it will forward mail from that point forward.
    01-17-08 10:51 PM
    Thanks john. I'm a one week newbie to the BB and a techie type but there are a bazillion more options and a massively different interface than my Palm Treo. I'm learning, reading and looking. But not everything is obvious (or intuative) like Mobile Network? to turn e-mail on off? Why not in e-mail? GMP?
    Thanks anyway. I've been on the phone half the day with ATT (multiple calls) having them try and tell me how to do it.

15 minutes here.
    01-17-08 11:38 PM
    Hi,

I've just gone from a Nokia N70 with BB to a Curve. One of the useful features was to be able to set a time that e-mail will be delivered, so I don't get bombarded with work mails at home.

Is there any way to get my Curve to schedule e-mail delivery, or do I have to manually turn off the data service?

Cheers
    04-03-08 04:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD