Hii I posted on here a week or so ago about a charging issue i was having with my curve 8310.

It wouldn't charge at all, tried various chargers, then after pulling the battery several times it charged a bit, never up to full power.

The general consensus was that my battery was fried so i went and bought a new one. Did what I was supposed to, leaving it for hours to charge the new battery. It still wont charge properly...

When I plug it in the lightning bolt comes up but the power does not increase when left for extended periods...

I'm managing to keep power in it by pulling the battery and then keeping it on charge overnight, normally gains about 10%

Has anyone got any idea what could be wrong with my bb and how I could resolve it? Thanks in advance...
    12-23-09 06:37 AM
    Are you charing using the USB Plug or using a charging cradle?
    12-23-09 06:49 AM
    I've tried several different mains chargers and the usb-originally thinking my charger was the problem
    12-23-09 06:50 AM
    I've tried several different mains chargers and the usb-originally thinking my charger was the problem
    But are you using all USB type chargers through the USB Port on your phone?
    12-23-09 06:51 AM
    Oh right, sorry, yeah. Only through that. I thought with my model that was the only way to charge it. I don't have a cradle one
    12-23-09 06:53 AM
    Because if you are using the USB port on the phone to charge it that could be the problem right there.

Had the same issue with mine where it wouldn't charge or barely charge if at all. The problem seems to be a common thing with Blackberry's of the USB port failing in one way or another.

Do you currently have a "charging pod" to use? If not this would be a personal recommendation to get to see if your USB port is indeed non-functional especially because if you just bought it you might be able to get your service provider to replace it under warranty.
    12-23-09 06:55 AM
    Does it have what appears to be 2 gold contacts?

One of either side of the release for the battery cover?
    12-23-09 06:55 AM
    Oh ok yeah there are the gold bits, I'll have to go out and see if I can test it on a cradle, then buy one if it works!
    12-23-09 06:58 AM
    There have been some posts on here about online stores that sell them for cheap. You can check out Amazon.com or even eBay to find them.

Just make sure it is the right charging pod for your model of phone.
    12-23-09 07:37 AM
    There have been some posts on here about online stores that sell them for cheap. You can check out Amazon.com or even eBay to find them.

Just make sure it is the right charging pod for your model of phone.
    Definitely buy it online. Retail is $30, iirc. If you spend more than $10, you wasting money, lol!
    Here's where I bought mine, but if you shop around, you may find it even cheaper!
    12-23-09 10:54 AM
    I bought a charging pod for my 8330 from newegg for 6.99 with free shipping. I got it in about 3 days, and it works like a charm. Its the same one as in that amazon link, so I think it will work for your 8310.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-09 11:05 AM
    I bought a charging pod for my 8330 from newegg for 6.99 with free shipping. I got it in about 3 days, and it works like a charm. Its the same one as in that amazon link, so I think it will work for your 8310.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yes, it is the same dock, yes it works for the 8310. $6.99 was a sale price Newegg had on it, and it's gone back up to $10 + s/h(2.99) on Newegg, at this time.
    12-23-09 01:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD