I've literally almost given up.... It gives me the same damn error about having too many apps open..so i close them all, still doesn't work. "Try a battery pull" says every forum dating back to 2004....HEY! Reloading the OS 4.5 Sounds like a great plan!!!...... NOT (borat voice)...I tried everything under the sun. I'm like at my wits end... Does anybody know how to ACTUALLY FIX THIS? I even have a replacement camera, if anybody can help me on how to actually replace it. please anyone... anyone
    09-09-09 04:08 PM
    b U M P
    09-09-09 04:45 PM
    It almost sounds like a driver type of issue?
    Do u have insurance?
    I would say just bring it into a repair center

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-09 05:40 PM
    out of warranty.... i hate RIM !!!
    09-09-09 05:51 PM
    I have this same problem. I tried restoring my BB to factory settings and that didnt help. I would only assume that this is a hardware problem rather than a software problem.
    (battery pulls and upgrading OS's dont work either)

When I took apart my BB (8320) to replace the housing I did not notice anything wrong with the camera, hardware wise. Please note that I am no expert.

The camera once worked for my 8320, but it just had this error all of a sudden one day.

If anyone knows how to fix this, please post here.
    09-09-09 06:08 PM
    out of warranty.... i hate RIM !!!
    Hating rim isn't an excuse for you to not have insurance.

Every pda I have ever had has has insurance on it because with the more a device can do the more that could go wrong with it.

09-09-09 06:48 PM
    besides, it's not rims fault that something to do with electronics and technology went wrong. why don't you just go and say you "hate Philippe Kahn!!"
    09-09-09 06:50 PM
    actually i hate rim because they charge a lot of money for these phones that probably cost them $15 to make. is that okay with everyone or do you guys got something else to say??
    09-16-09 03:29 PM
    but that is beside the point! BACK ON TOPIC:: does anyone know how to replace the camera itself??? i need help
    09-16-09 03:31 PM
    If you hate rim, and think they charge too much for their phones that "only cost them 15 dollars to make." why do you have one? Why did you spend so much just to end up coming here to ***** because something malfunctioned? if I wasn't on my phone I'd go further, but in the end it's not worth it.

Have you tried google for your answer? Searched for local repair people/shops? Anything other than coming to crackberry, ********, and not getting an answer?

Or maybe you could just try replacing it yourself by looking and figuring it out. Personally I have insurance so I never have to go through this.

09-16-09 05:12 PM
    actually i hate rim because they charge a lot of money for these phones that probably cost them $15 to make. is that okay with everyone or do you guys got something else to say??
    Some of the parts inside a BlackBerry cost more then that. But, like any manufacture, they must sell their product for a price that covers the costs of design, manufacturing, marketing, research and development, litigation, salaries and show a profit. Research in Motion does all of that, and does it very well.

I have never encountered the Camera failure, but I have responded to many members that have. It is pretty clear, it is not a memory constraint as the message suggests.

There is evidence, it may be a connection fault. Some members have reported correcting the failure by pressing on the lens with a soft object like a cotton swab stick.
    09-16-09 06:09 PM
    Some of the parts inside a BlackBerry cost more then that. But, like any manufacture, they must sell their product for a price that covers the costs of design, manufacturing, marketing, research and development, litigation, salaries and show a profit. Research in Motion does all of that, and does it very well.

I have never encountered the Camera failure, but I have responded to many members that have. It is pretty clear, it is not a memory constraint as the message suggests.

There is evidence, it may be a connection fault. Some members have reported correcting the failure by pressing on the lens with a soft object like a cotton swab stick.
    Actually the most expensive part in the curve 83xx series is the LCD. They get everything in bulk so believe me it probably doesn't even cost $15 per phone, they only have to design it once, molds pop out the housings. these phones are slapped together and i think its really sh*tty of RIM to not stand behind their product when it sh*ts out because i am 6 days out of warranty. i mean i would love it if someone could actually help me on why i came here in the first place though!!!! IF ANYONE KNOWS HOW TO REPLACE THE CAMERA ITSELF PLEASE PM ME!!
    09-17-09 08:45 AM
    First, have you checked your available memory? If your free memory is low the camera can't start. Keep any media (music, pics, etc) on a media card.

As has been suggested above, try pushing in on the lense with a Q-Tip or other soft object. The camera module may be loose in it's socket.

The camera module can be replaced, it's a module sitting in a socket. The problem may be finding the part.

Now, as far as hating RIM because they charge too much for their phones, have you ever looked at the full prices for any other smartphone? None of them are cheap. Keep in mind that apart from manufacturing and design costs, the manufacturer also pays licensing costs to for parts and software. They pay licensing for every Bluetooth profile, the radio, CPU, drivers and other components. They also have to pay their overhead costs. It's not just a matter of slapping a bunch of parts together and throwing it out the door.
    09-17-09 09:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD