I recently tried to start the camera while in call on my 8310, and now I have this problem. Whenever I start the camera, a black box appears in the middle of the screen which should show the viewfinder for the camera. There appears to be an error message of some sort behind the black box, but I can't read it. If I hit the back or the end button, the camera app quits, but the black box stays in the middle of my screen and I have to reboot or pull the battery to get rid of it. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, how do you fix it? I upgraded to 4.5 last night in hopes that it would fix the problem, but it didn't. Please help!
    07-23-08 07:33 AM
    I would suggest calling warranty and getting a new device only after you load the original OS on the device. Or do a wipe first to see if that fixes it.
    07-23-08 07:51 AM
    What do you mean "do a wipe?" Any other suggestions? It seems to be a software problem as the hardware was not damaged in anyway and the camera was working fine up until I tried to open it while in call.
    07-23-08 08:37 AM
    I am relatively new to the world of blackberry, and I am having this exact same problem with the same model phone. Is the only thing for me to do is see if it's still under warranty, and try to get a replacement device?
    07-28-08 09:18 AM
    I have hte 8310 from AT&T as well but have not had any problems with the camera. A wipe might work as Cutdacheck states but keep in mind the wipe will wipe your phone clean and it will basically be just as it was when you got it out fo the box. There are allot of other threads that talk about wiping your phone, search those for more info.
    07-28-08 11:50 AM
    i bought my BB 8310 one month ago and have take a few pictures. lately, i got exactly the same problem (with the error behind my wallpaper) and i upgraded to 4.5.0. this didn't resolve the issue.
    did you guys find out a solution?
    don't say "take it back" , that's not a solution...

thanks,
    tom
    02-08-09 12:11 PM
    My brilliant IT guy fixed this for me. Simple; the camera lens itself comes loose. Take the back cover off, cover the camera lens with a tissue or something and gently push to snap it back into place. Then pull the battery for a minute, put in back in and let everything reset. No resetting, no software.
    escobach likes this.
    10-26-09 12:37 PM
    Thanks alot for the tip. saves the day.
    11-13-09 09:13 PM
    Thank you so much!!! I've looked endesly for a solution to this and this made it!! I tryed everything else with no luck. If anyone else is still having this problem, this is the solution, you just need to push it gently until you hear a "click". Once you hear that, you should be good to go, take off battery for a minute and put it back in, wait for the device to turn on and there it is! the camera is working! again, thank you dlundy7!!
    01-14-11 08:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD