Hi all,
    My 8310, OS version V4.5.0.110 has only one option for the browser, MediaNet. I have AT&T service and would like to know if IE is available and how do I go about getting it? I've seen a few posts here and it seems as though I'd be happier with IE. MediaNet gets bogged down alot by "running scripts" etc. I also want to do my banking with my BB and I've read that most banks only support IE.
    Any thoughts or suggestions regarding any of this is much appreciated!
    (keep in mind that I'm a new BB user and your instructions will need to be detailed)
    Thanks!!
    01-27-09 12:55 PM
    well i dont know what happened with yours but i have the 8310 OS V4.5.124 and i have my regular browser preloaded maybe you have a bug?
    01-27-09 12:57 PM
    This happened to me after I updated the OS, and I tried resending service books, etc. The only thing that worked was to go to options - themes - reset theme default. The icon for browser was totally gone, and this brought it back.
    01-27-09 01:20 PM
    OK everyone, I got it to come up.
    Options, Advanced Options, Host Routing Table, Menu Key, Register now. That made the Blackberry Browser appear on my 8310!
    01-27-09 01:48 PM
    You have to have BIS and you have to send your service books, and do as said above do register the HRT. See what happens.
    01-27-09 02:17 PM
    Now, just what is a service book anyway?
    01-27-09 02:39 PM
    Service books are short programs that support your device's applications.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-09 04:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD