Hello all,
    I am looking for a bluetooth headset for my 8310 that will play your ringtone thru the ear piece. I had one a few years ago that did this but do not remember what one it was. I just went out and bought a Motorola H690 at best buy (where the salesman said it would do this) and low and behold all it does is ring like a typical phone. With my line of work I cant always touch my phone due to chemicals/grease etc on my hands and want specific ringtones for certain people.....this way with the earpiece on I can tell who it is calling without taking my phone out of my pocket to look at it. Does anyone know any certain bluetooth earpieces that do this????? OR have I missed a option to enable this somewhere on the BB????? Your help would be greatly appreciated because NONE of the boxes/packages state this on the outside of them at the stores and I really dont think the sales people have a definate answer as I have personally found out. Actually he told me any of the earpieces OVER $40 would be capable of this.....So I bought a $70 one thinking I would be ok..........!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks in advance.
    Wes
    11-01-08 07:45 PM
    HELLO, HELLLOOO, HEELLLLOOOO
    Come on guys (and gals) you crack addicts can answer anything!!!!!!!! (I have seen the proof) lol
    11-01-08 09:30 PM
    HELLO, HELLLOOO, HEELLLLOOOO
    Come on guys (and gals) you crack addicts can answer anything!!!!!!!! (I have seen the proof) lol
    no you cant. there is you an answer
    11-01-08 09:41 PM
    Where do you keep your phone when it's set for the headset?

When driving I keep mine in my pocket and can always hear the phone ring. I don't use designated ringtones, but if I did, I would hear them regardless of using the headset.
    11-01-08 09:42 PM
    Where I work we are constantly gringing, welding, I may be painting (in paint booth with exhaust fans running and giant compressor) and if you read the post completely you would see it is the fact that sometimes I am not able to physically pull the phone out of my pocket to see who it is and if it worth the interuption to answer. Trust me....I have legitament reasons for wanting a earpiece that does this.
    11-01-08 09:47 PM
    I use a Rocketfish RFSH430 Bluetooth Headset ( only available at Best Buy). It has an Audible Caller ID feature which means that when you receive a call, the number that is calling is spoken, so you know who is calling. When I got mine several months ago, the price was around $60.
    11-02-08 10:10 AM
    I think what WNM was saying is that if the phone is close enough to hear it ring and you have custom ringtones set on the phone, then you'll hear the ringtone and therefore know who is calling even if it's not playing the ringtone on the headset. You don't have to physically touch or even look at the phone as long as it's close enough to hear. (And if it's so loud where you're working that you can't hear it, I'm not sure you'd hear the headset either.)

But to give a direct answer to your question, I'm not aware of a headset that will play the custom ringtone. I've owned quite a few, including some fairly expensive ones, and they all give a generic ringtone for incoming calls regardless of what the phone is set to play.
    Last edited by rmaxey1; 11-02-08 at 10:18 AM.
    11-02-08 10:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD