I have searched the threads and tried all ways to recover a blackberry that is constantly rebooting. I can connect to the loader app, wipe the apps, and install JVM and system software. The problem occurs when it hits "Wait for device initialization". The space above the progress bar reads "Reconnecting to JVM" and the phone starts rebooting itself all over again. The program finally stops and reads "Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation". Anyone have any other tricks I can try?
    Last edited by VIIVapors; 02-04-09 at 07:12 PM. Reason: added info
    02-04-09 07:07 PM
    The only thing that helped my "brick" of a berry at one point was to load the DM and OS to another computer and load from that and it worked. However my berry was stuck on with an error screen. I'm unsure of the JVM? Mine would get stuck after clicking on the App Loader and wouldn't go further.

If you are able you may want to try another computer. Otherwise maybe some of the wise ones here will have a better answer.

02-04-09 09:02 PM
    You need to do a complete wipe to remove the OS from your phone, not just wipe the apps.

Use a utility like Crackmem or JL Commander to wipe the device, then follow the instructions in my sig. to reload the OS on a dead BB. Or recovering a nuked BB.
    02-04-09 09:11 PM
    I have used both Crackmem and JL Commander to wipe the OS but no joy. It seems I might need an OS excorist to get it off. I will try again when I get home.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-09 10:04 AM
    I have used both Crackmem and JL Commander to wipe the OS but no joy. It seems I might need an OS excorist to get it off. I will try again when I get home.
    I hear ya, been there before. Finally went ahead and installed everything on a different computer and that seemed to work. I'm not sure why.......however its worth a try if you have another computer you can do it with. I know I was freakin' when nothing would work.

Good luck!

02-05-09 10:10 AM
    Hi Guys,

My blackberry 8310 keeps rebooting! It only works when connceted to my desktop. When disconnect its turns on for 2 secs then starts rebooting. Whats does this mean if it only works when connected to a desktop.
    Please help!!
    03-09-09 02:28 AM
    Hi Guys,

My blackberry 8310 keeps rebooting! It only works when connceted to my desktop. When disconnect its turns on for 2 secs then starts rebooting. Whats does this mean if it only works when connected to a desktop.
    Please help!!
    It could mean you have a bad battery and it needs the power from the USB connection to work. Does it also work if you plug it into a wall charger?
    03-09-09 05:01 AM
    No it doesnt. Its also give me an error "App Error 523" then reset. I tried to reset and still same problem. Should I try a new battery? This is so weird!
    03-09-09 05:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD