Well I have received my Curve in the mail and now am debating which to return...the Curve or the 8830.....

Curve Review:

1. Much smaller and compact but the keyboard is great
    2. Did not come with any type of skin or belt clip
    3. Came with stereo ear phones with built in Mic
    4. Larger screen with better resolution

Overall I like the curve because it is smaller and feels better in my hand and pocket for when I don't stick it in the belt click (which I had to order separately along with a skin). I have to admit that the 8830 feels a little sturdier in my hand.

So over the next couple of days the deciding factor will be the coverage although right now I am leaning a little more towards the curve. I tested browser speeds last night and they seemed to come up at the same speed but the Curve (AT&T) brought up the images on the websites much faster then the 8830 (Verizon). Google.com on the Curve had a few extra links that did not come up on the 8830 (could this be due to screen size?). For my test I went to espn.com, cnn.com, google.com, & msn.com. I set both home pages to espn.com and both came up about the same time. I cleared all history and cache before running this browser speed tests. Finally I have not yet installed the desktop manager for the curve yet so I cannot report at this moment on the calendar sync issue that the Verizon 8830 was having. Just go to that forum if you have not and you will know what I am talking about. Attached are some photos for your eyes. Let me know what you think or if you know of any other tests I can run against the two. Thanks!
    06-05-07 11:26 AM
    Nice, but I wish we had bigger photos; (yes, I did click on them)...
    06-05-07 12:21 PM
    Is there another way to format them? I tried to upload them the first time but I could only get one because they were to big.
    06-05-07 03:25 PM
    are you on windows XP or windwos vista?
    if ur on XP, google search "xp power toys", the first result should be the microsoft direct power toys link, look for the "Image Resizer" (should be on the right bar close to the end) its only 521 KB and all you have to do is rightclick on the picture, select resize and it does the rest.

vista does have an image resizer built in

if ur on linux the you can use gimp to resize the pics.

btw, nice pictures
    06-05-07 06:44 PM
    OMG!!! the pictures look great and i cant wait to get my curve!
    06-05-07 07:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD