Hi there,

I am new and totally addicted already. I just found this website and just found out about the BB Curve last week. I have been on the sites about 50 times a day since last week.... Can't wait to get rid of my flip phone and PDA!

Does anyone know if it is possible to unlock a phone like the 8300 and then use it with Verizon service even though Verizon doesn't carry it yet? Or would I need a specific SIM card from Verizon for this model (which they likely won't have till they carry the phone).

One think I am not looking forward to in the switch from VZ to ATT is the coverage gaps that are in our hilly neighborhood.

Thanks! Katherine
    05-24-07 12:51 AM
    Unfortunately for you, Cingular and T-Mobile (and other international carriers releasing the Curve soon) are GSM networks. Verizon is a CDMA network. In other words, the Curves that will soon hit the market will not work on Verizon or Sprint, you'd have to wait for a CDMA version, and those might not hit until the end of the year.
    05-24-07 01:20 AM
    Thanks for the info. That is a bummer. Well, my contract with Verizon is up in early August so I think I will just sign up under a separate contract in June with the BB. Still would like to see the ipod although I don't think I will like it.
    05-24-07 12:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD