Can anyone tell he how to delete this file? Where do I find it, how do I delete it, etc? Thanks in advance!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-08 06:25 PM
    Using windows explorer, Navigate to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and Delete the vendor.xml file there.
    07-12-08 06:31 PM
    If you're referring to "vendor.xml," the simplest way to find it is with Windows file search. It's not an exe file.

07-12-08 06:32 PM
    or just follow Chaz's instructions and you will be okay.
    07-12-08 06:35 PM
    Make sure to preform a backup of your device before attempting a upgrade or downgrade.
    07-12-08 06:37 PM
    Chaz is correct! Welcome to CB
    07-12-08 09:36 PM
    Follow Chaz! Always backup incase you need to restore!

07-12-08 09:38 PM
    my phone wont switch on or connect to the pc for me to be able to do this.

its a white screen and just says 'App Error 524' and 'RESET' and when i reset it just goes off and same thing comes back on again.

Which also prevents me from getting backup of my address book unfortunately
    11-07-10 04:42 AM
    my phone wont switch on or connect to the pc for me to be able to do this.

its a white screen and just says 'App Error 524' and 'RESET' and when i reset it just goes off and same thing comes back on again.

Which also prevents me from getting backup of my address book unfortunately
    Your phone has nothing to do with deleting the vendor.xml file.
    11-10-10 10:59 PM
    I changed my default from Google Chrome to Explorer64. Typed in " c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader". No results. What the heck am I doing wrong? I'm using Windows 7.
    09-29-11 10:17 AM
    I changed my default from Google Chrome to Explorer64. Typed in " c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader". No results. What the heck am I doing wrong? I'm using Windows 7.
    You misunderstood. You shouldn't be looking with Internet Explorer, which is a browser. You should be looking with Windows Explorer, which navigates the files & folders on your PC.

If you don't know where to find this, open your Start menu (i.e. Windows logo bottom left of screen), and select Computer. From there select the C drive, then from C: select Program Files, etc, until you reach the AppLoader folder. In the AppLoader you'll find both the Vendor and the Loader files.

Highlight Vendor (i.e. single-click it) and press SHIFT+DELETE to permanently delete.

Double-clicking Loader will start the process of loading the new OS to your device, once you've plugged it in.

But before opening Loader, you should open your DM (Desktop Manager) and make a Backup of all your device data as a precaution, as mentioned in a post above.
    Then close DM and return to the AppLoader folder to launch Loader.

PS Just in case it's not obvious, before you can do any of this you must download an OS and install it on your PC.
    09-29-11 10:40 AM
    Using windows explorer, Navigate to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and Delete the vendor.xml file there.
    Instead of above, if you have a 64-bit system substitute Program Files (x86) instead of Program Files as you'll have both listed in your C: drive.

32-bit systems will only show Program Files.

If you don't know if your system is 32-bit or 64-bit, don't worry about it.
    It's really simple: if Program Files (x86) is listed in C: then choose it. If it's not there, just select Program Files.
    09-29-11 10:50 AM
    Thanks. Found it and deleted the vendor file. Excuse my lack of knowledge, but at this point: Open up DM, plug in phone and download the new os? (after a backup of course)
    09-29-11 10:54 AM
    Vendor re-appears every time you install a new OS on your PC.

So after you download your OS, you double-click it in your Downloads (or just select to Run it while downloading if given the option) to launch the InstallShield Wizard. This installs OS on PC.

Then you can go delete Vendor.

Right before you're going to actually the load the OS to your BB, open DM and make a Backup.
    Btw this does NOT back up your 3rd party apps. The OS Loader backs up your data & apps, wipes your BB, then re-installs your data & apps.
    The Backup you made with DM is precautionary in case something goes wrong with loading your OS somehow.

DM may or may not offer to install your OS. Just decline it and close DM. Return to Loader in the AppLoader folder to load the OS on your BB. (For whatever reason seems less prone to problems.)

I'll paste a guide I've left in some of the OS threads. Just give me a minute.
    09-29-11 11:23 AM
    Here's my short-version OS install guide if anyone needs it.
    Please note it is based on OS6, but it's exactly the same for OS 4.5-4.7, OS5, and OS7, to the best of my knowledge.

ELITE1's Quick OS6 UPGRADE GUIDE

1. (Optional) Uninstall any previous OS from your PC. (This is NOT required although many believe it is.)
    2. Download OS to PC. Use Internet Explorer to do so, not Firefox or Chrome. (For leaked versions, the browser is irrelevant though.)
      *If 100% certain you've previously used FF or Chrome on same PC to DL an OS successfully, feel free to use FF or Chrome again.
    3. Following successful DL, run OS file to install OS on PC.
    4. On BB, go to BBM Options, scroll down to Backup section. Ensure Remote Backup is enabled AND also conduct a Local Backup to media card.
    5. Go through any 3rd party apps that have option to save settings to media card, and conduct Backup to media card from menu within each of these apps. (Examples: all Bellshare apps such as BerryBuzz & BerryWeather; QuickLaunch; Shao's apps such as Wallpaper Changer & SixTools; Show Me The Images; etc).
    6. Connect BB to PC. Open DM and backup device. Close DM.
    7. (Optional) Use desktop program like BBSAK or BBMCP to backup 3rd party apps.
    8. On PC, navigate to
      �64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file therein called Vendor.
      �32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file therein called Vendor.
    9. (Optional/Recommended) Run BB Boss v2.2 or Shrink-A-OS/BBH+ Tool.
    10. In same AppLoader file where you deleted Vendor, double-click on Loader to initiate OS upgrade. Follow onscreen instructions.
    11. After OS install is complete, perform several physical battery pulls over first 1-2 days for OS to "settle in." Perform first batt pull very soon after OS is installed.

PS I've posted this before in other threads, but there always seems to be some people that appreciate a step-by-step each time.
    09-29-11 11:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD